• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Winter 20/21

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't think you were that old
When I was 15 my main interests were football,music & oddly for a mid teenager,history 😁
Around that time there was a weekly publication that printed papers from the era 1939/45 which I picked up weekly from Gerald’s Exminster,along with Sounds & Shoot magazine 😁..Yep,really rock ‘n’roll 😁

There was always a reproduction poster from WW2 in the old newspaper releases & I can vividly remember that one.

Oldsmobile-88

I have taken the decision to spend New Year in Fort William..Not that I do much on New Years Eve,I’m usually in bed by 10.30pm !
A week in the West Highlands is a great tonic.I have taken the precaution of booking the Flex package at the Premier Inn,despite it being a extra £100 for the 5 nights ☹It would be unwise not to in these uncertain times.

iscalad

When I was 15 my main interests were football,music & oddly for a mid teenager,history 😁
Around that time there was a weekly publication that printed papers from the era 1939/45 which I picked up weekly from Gerald’s Exminster,along with Sounds & Shoot magazine 😁..Yep,really rock ‘n’roll 😁

There was always a reproduction poster from WW2 in the old newspaper releases & I can vividly remember that one.
I used to read Scientific American at that age.🤓

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have taken the decision to spend New Year in Fort William..Not that I do much on New Years Eve,I’m usually in bed by 10.30pm !
A week in the West Highlands is a great tonic.I have taken the precaution of booking the Flex package at the Premier Inn,despite it being a extra £100 for the 5 nights ☹It would be unwise not to in these uncertain times.
Sounds good. Hopefully Ms Sturgeon will let the virus-ridden sassenachs in for Hogmanay!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Still wondering what to do with my holiday in the first week of January. Might have to leave a decision to New Year's Day.

Oldsmobile-88

There's a rumour that unnecessary car journeys could invalidate your insurance.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently we are going to have a massive family picnic down the beach for Xmas, never done that before.......
Is that happening?

Quiet Xmas here, but hoping to be away for New Year's Eve somewhere else in Hampshire. No real plans for anytime before Easter. Maybe St Petersburg in May, maybe Jordan in September and maybe Egypt next November. It still remains difficult to plan anything.

Avening Posse

Is that happening?

Quiet Xmas here, but hoping to be away for New Year's Eve somewhere else in Hampshire. No real plans for anytime before Easter. Maybe St Petersburg in May, maybe Jordan in September and maybe Egypt next November. It still remains difficult to plan anything.
Maybe, we’ve not decided for sure yet. We’ve been warned a lot of people are planning to do this so may give it a miss. Like you we are having a look at places we hope to go to in 2021, with Vietnam at the top of the list, but as things stand no international travel allowed in and out of Oz unless you have a critical reason. Hopefully that will change in the next few months

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is that happening?

but hoping to be away for New Year's Eve somewhere else in Hampshire
Not happening now we've moved to tier 4, and the New Forest to tier 3. The wife was really looking forward to a change of scenery.

Oldsmobile-88

Just as well I booked the Flex Package !