• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Winter 20/21

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t forget NYD is also going to be Totally Independence Day - Farage gurning, Big Ben bongs, spitfire flypast and lots of flags. Something for us all to look forward to in the dark days ahead.
Never in the field of human conflict have so many been shafted by so few.....

Banksy

Apparently we are going to have a massive family picnic down the beach for Xmas, never done that before.......
We’re debating what members of the family to invite and who to spite. Thinking of holding a draw to decide. Usually have a little firework do on New Year’s Eve , this year think we will burn an effigy of Cummings to keep us in the mood for the coming year.
At least 2021 can’t be any worse ( please say it can’t )....

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
"I've a feeling '21 is gonna be a good year. ...."

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
"I've a feeling '21 is gonna be a good year. ...."
Loving the optimism Billy. Alas I can't share it and I'm normally a glass half full kind type, I like to think.

Next 6 months promises more unrelenting misery.

Rubbish weather, pandemic restrictions, political disarray, Brexit shenanigans encore and an increasingly knackered economy such that once the short term misery passes, the longer term realisations kick in.

elginCity

I wonder if 1921 turned out to be a good year after all.

LOG

One good thing to come of this is that i won't have to go to a work Christmas party.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never in the field of human conflict have so many been shafted by so few.....
It was possible that the remainers could have won...

...the only trouble was they chose to vote on the same day as the leavers

Alistair20000

Don’t forget NYD is also going to be Totally Independence Day - Farage gurning, Big Ben bongs, spitfire flypast and lots of flags. Something for us all to look forward to in the dark days ahead.
As regards flags, as well as flying our national versions this will include the burning of that awful EU drapeau

DB9

As regards flags, as well as flying our national versions this will include the burning of that awful EU drapeau
Surely burning a flag is not the best way to "celebrate" anything? Even if you disagree the symbolic burning of a flag has so many sinister undertones.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's not being able to plan anything. Instead of going to Jordan next month we're off to Norfolk, probably. The trip to Jordan will now be next September. We'd like to come down to Exeter for Xmas and see my family, but we can't be sure that will be allowed or even of we'll be allowed to see the family.

I have the first week in January booked as leave, the plan was to go to the Lake District and take in the Barrow game on the 2nd. But that can't happen.My company likes us to book our holidays as soon as possible so that they can be managed across the year, but that is no good if you've got no idea when we can travel to places. 2 weeks in Egypt for the wife's birthday is unlikely to happen.

I also miss trips around England visiting places ahead of an away day.

Mind you the bank balance is looking better than it normally is!