• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wimbledon

exeter-loyal

Hopefully Federer does it today, going for a 9th at Wimbledon his 12th final I think.

Ex-ciderrr

Very impressive win for Simona Halep over Serena Williams in the Ladies Final.
over and done with in about an hour too, impressive win

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see how Federer can win this......4 sets maximum..

Ashford Grecian

zzzzzzz that is all

IndoMike

zzzzzzz that is all

Funny how you search out a thread (Wimbledon) and then say you're bored with the topic. But daft really.

Ashford Grecian

Funny how you search out a thread (Wimbledon) and then say you're bored with the topic. But daft really.
I view all threads in New Posts so nothing searched for - TBH I have probably been to Wimbedon more time than anyone else on Exeweb - Back in the day you could turn up and queue even for the finals day you get tickets - I used to book fortnight off work and went every day and have racked up more than 100 visits - But I just find the game a bore now, no characters to speak off really - I haven't been for around 15 years now......... Its not the topic that's boring but just modern day tennis in general

IndoMike

I view all threads in New Posts so nothing searched for - TBH I have probably been to Wimbedon more time than anyone else on Exeweb - Back in the day you could turn up and queue even for the finals day you get tickets - I used to book fortnight off work and went every day and have racked up more than 100 visits - But I just find the game a bore now, no characters to speak off really - I haven't been for around 15 years now......... Its not the topic that's boring but just modern day tennis in general
It's true there are few characters. Connors, McEnroe, Becker, Nastase, Tiriac were all exciting to watch. Racquet technology has made the game a power game. I'm not watching it either.

IndoMike

Can't see how Federer can win this......4 sets maximum..
I know nothing

exeter-loyal

Probably the best final going went all the way, gutted for Federer but he had 2 match points to do it!

IndoMike

Bored to tears with Andy Murray and his injury woes. Yes, you did very well winning 3 majors, but FFS disappear until you're truly 100%. There are more important things than your bloody injuries.