• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will we ever sing that song again?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
You know, when city are doing that rare thing and winning easily and passing it around with a freedom we rarely see .....the song starts. 'its just like watching Brazil'. Is it destined to become 'it's just like watching the Krauts'?

motorservices

No i think we will hear it more often, many many times at home last season we could have sang that and been spot on :p

AlanDevlin

The other thought that came to me during last nights game was when the Brazilian fans were apparently 'ole-ing' the Germans at every touch of the ball
Thought our Board might get the message if we did that a couple of times if the inept style of play at home continues- although we have rarely been totally trashed like Brazil were last night.... Just been unable to defend an odd goal, rather than been unable to fight our way out of a wet paper bag.

Red Monster

The other thought that came to me during last nights game was when the Brazilian fans were apparently 'ole-ing' the Germans at every touch of the ball
Thought our Board might get the message if we did that a couple of times if the inept style of play at home continues- although we have rarely been totally trashed like Brazil were last night.... Just been unable to defend an odd goal, rather than been unable to fight our way out of a wet paper bag.
Oh what great idea I'm sure Tom Nichols,Matt Grimes,Dave Wheeler,JMT,and any other of our young lads would really appreciate YOU doing that,
and don't come up with any of the usual crap like its not aimed at them.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That said, I remember in 96/97 the home fans singing "We're supposed to be at home!" and "We're s***, and we know we are!"

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh what great idea I'm sure Tom Nichols,Matt Grimes,Dave Wheeler,JMT,and any other of our young lads would really appreciate YOU doing that, and don't come up with any of the usual crap like its not aimed at them.
To be fair, I dont think his message was aimed at them specifically, but more at the board for allowing us to field a sh*te team in general, while they draw saleries you and I could probably only dream of.

Last edited:

Boyo

That said, I remember in 96/97 the home fans singing "We're supposed to be at home!" and "We're s***, and we know we are!"
And towards the end of last season when we went ahead, some of our ‘fans’ were singing “how **** must you be, we’re winning at home”. Clever, eh?