• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would be amazed if Sweeney is a Grecian next season.
Off 40 miles W I hear = cheap ferries to Ireland apparently !

Cowshed Grecian

When he was at Argyle I thought he was Carp! 😂he’s actually done well for us when I’ve seen him so far.

Bat Fastard

Why?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aimson was poor yesterday, poor in possession and very shaky defensively.

I think he's a decent defender but I personally like a taller central defender that can head the ball back where it came from with purchase. If Aimson wins it the ball is dropping 10-15 yards outside the box putting us under pressure if we don't win the second ball.

C j phill

More like Will Aimless today.

He’s certainly no Sam Stubbs.
I thibk this is the biggest mystery of the player movements during January. Stubbs is clearly fit and I'd imagine that some of the soft goals our defence has conceded in recent weeks could have been avoided. Given our reasonably strong financial position, we could have kept Stubbs until the end of the season and signed Aimson at the same time. Perhaps Bradford might have been keen on Grounds as an alternative.

red1

I thibk this is the biggest mystery of the player movements during January. Stubbs is clearly fit and I'd imagine that some of the soft goals our defence has conceded in recent weeks could have been avoided. Given our reasonably strong financial position, we could have kept Stubbs until the end of the season and signed Aimson at the same time. Perhaps Bradford might have been keen on Grounds as an alternative.
And what would that have achieved ? We aren't(and never were) going up and not going down.

SaintJames

I would be amazed if Seeeney wasn't here next season albeit as a squad back up

SaintJames

See numerous posts on the Stubbs thread as to why this just wouldn't have happened rather than repeat them all again on here. Stubbs staying wasn't an option

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every player is going to have a dodgy game once in a while. This is the first one since Will has arrived and he has generally been very good. We have seen an upturn in our defensive play in general since he has arrived. He has been strong, robust, won his headers, thrown his body on the line and been a vocal leader and organiser. He has a far more positive impact on us than not.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Every player is going to have a dodgy game once in a while. This is the first one since Will has arrived and he has generally been very good. We have seen an upturn in our defensive play in general since he has arrived. He has been strong, robust, won his headers, thrown his body on the line and been a vocal leader and organiser. He has a far more positive impact on us than not.
Agreed. He was relatively poor on Saturday. That said, I think he has credit in the bank.