• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
...whereas others have demonstrated their worth over a more prolonged period.
Sweeney being one

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
While that may prove to be the case, I think it's a bit early to make definitive judgement.

Plenty have flattered to deceive over the course of one or two games [Lee Elam anyone?!], whereas others have demonstrated their worth over a more prolonged period.
When the fans at a club like Bolton a left very disappointed that he has left, I don't think it takes that long to make a judgement of his quality.............

STURTZ

Nah, Aimson is quality, Sweens is definitely league 2.

fred binneys head

Bloody love Sweenz, me.

Rosencrantz

Yet another very solid display today and showed plenty of leadership I thought. You can never have too many leaders on the pitch and with Will and Sweenz (also McDonald), they don't necessarily need the captain's armband to show that leadership. It doesn't affect their play or character. A very good signing by GC.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yet another very solid display today and showed plenty of leadership I thought. You can never have too many leaders on the pitch and with Will and Sweenz (also McDonald), they don't necessarily need the captain's armband to show that leadership. It doesn't affect their play or character. A very good signing by GC.
Don't disagree with any of this, although I thought Sweenz was every bit as imperious yesterday.

milts

More like Will Aimless today.

He’s certainly no Sam Stubbs.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
More like Will Aimless today.

He’s certainly no Sam Stubbs.
I have copyright on the aimless nickname (albeit by error). £1 please.

ecfc_ben

Don’t want my captain acting like will did today, Sweeney by far the better choice for the armband

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, Aimson is quality, Sweens is definitely league 2.
I would be amazed if Sweeney is a Grecian next season.