• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
though I was disappointed by Aimson's behaviour leading to this yellow card. Yes, we were all very frustrated by the time wasting but the captain should not be grabbing opponents in the manner he did; definitely a yellow card, but for some refs it would have been a red. A 3 match ban for Aimson,with Diabate still out, would be awful/result in Grounds having to play 3 more games.

milts

So far he has certainly failed to live up to expectations.

AndyR

So far he has certainly failed to live up to expectations.
Don't agree. Aside from today's mess-up and only one or two previous lapses in the large number of games he has played, our defence would have been much poorer without his signing, and he is far better on the ball than most of our other defenders.

Bat Fastard

Don't agree. Aside from today's mess-up and only one or two previous lapses in the large number of games he has played, our defence would have been much poorer without his signing, and he is far better on the ball than most of our other defenders.
I’d disagree he’s decent at booting it long mind. Stubbs far superior in my book

arthur

If he plays at RCB we'll have to get used to the fact that his crossing is vastly inferior to Sweeney's

denzel

He's had too many mistakes for me. Last week at Ipswich and the slip at Cheltenham spring to mind to me.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aimson is a good L1 centre half - like him. Stubbs was quality but it’ll be interesting to see whether he can play a full season next year. Prepared to trust both MT and GC as to why he barely kicked a ball for us this season.

Bridgy 81

Aimson is a good L1 centre half - like him.
Agreed.
He has 2 promotions from League 2 and 130 odd League One appearances under his belt for 4 different teams.
I’d say he was good enough for us.

Cowshed Grecian

Agreed.
He has 2 promotions from League 2 and 130 odd League One appearances under his belt for 4 different teams.
I’d say he was good enough for us.
Good enough for us? Sorry but that mentality annoys me and prob the reason why we spent 10 years in L2 again. Thing with Aimson is he very average but GC has signed him so he’s now stuck with him.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately when we signed Aimson a lot of people thought he was a top end league one player which he clearly isn't or hasn't been this far in his career.

He's a solid league one signing for any lower to lower middle side and he was an improvement on what we had. He's been fine and better than I originally expected, but like any player will have poor games.