• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why not Bristol Rovers?

logman

Bristol Rovers have turned down a request from Exeter City for the game at St James' Park to be brought forward to Saturday, January 2. Neither club are in action that day.

The fixture will take place as originally scheduled on Tuesday, February 23.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They fear that we might actually turn our absolute battering of them last week into a victory.

Of course, they presumably haven't heard that our home record from February onwards tends to be great, but we're not so hot in January!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a shame would have preferred a saturday for this game, will have to see if i can start later on the tuesday night we play them so i can come along

logman

The word is that they will try to strengthen their squad in January and despite last weeks win they know that lightning doesn't strike twice.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is a real shame, since that is the weekend I'm moving to London and would have been my last as a steward... Sad times...

Scooterboy 65

They would have to cancel there New years eve bash or quick mid winter break for the players

I totally understand. I wouldn't be happy if I bought a train ticket for 23/02/09 and then found out the game was brought forward.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or even found out that you can't get from Exeter to Bristol after a midweek match...

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a shame would have preferred a saturday for this game, will have to see if i can start later on the tuesday night we play them so i can come along
good. another game ill be able to go to. doubly so as im on holiday that week :D

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big shame, we would have got more people through the turnstiles on a sat, late February seems to be the time when the "Champions" league w*nkfest restarts.