• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why Are So Few Other Clubs Trust Owned?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn’t agree more, I’m very thankful for our ground, the thought of relocating to a bowl out of the city centre is the stuff of nightmares imo
Exeter City - The Club Central(ish) to the City !

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couldn’t agree more, I’m very thankful for our ground, the thought of relocating to a bowl out of the city centre is the stuff of nightmares imo
Think you'll find a lot of clubs at our level never chose to leave their old grounds, They did it because of unsustainable debts and had to sell their ground to clear such debts and other partners (Council/Developers/Supermarkets) agreeing to build a stadium as part of a sale/relocation.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Oh David ….how can you say that? Leigh RMI ‘the grottiest ground I had ever visited’. In my view it was one of the great iconic grounds of our Conference years. A massive bowl of a place that had once held 31,326 for a Rugby League match. These photos are from my visit in February 2005 when a crowd of 451 graced the arena to see a Sean Devine goal give City a 1-0 victory. My highlight was going into the bowels of the main stand to collect my 50:50 winnings - £35!!! Well come to think of it there was also the memory of a well known Exewebber wandering around near naked in the freezing cold.

View attachment 8267View attachment 8268View attachment 8269

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
It say’s 2003/04 on the tin but it’s 04/05

WXF

Very sad to learn the news. Thanks for sharing the article and, through sharing the old forum posts, further validating his judgement