• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who On Earth is there who could replace Paul Tisdale Should He Decide To Leave?

exile in wales

Ian Holloway for me,,,, no "mr nice guy" but prepared to stand on the sidelines and throw a few "f"s at the players when they are not performing and gets results .... i'll get my coat ..

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've worked out the perfect candidate for the new managers job

Well respected in the football world.
Ex England international
UEFA cup winner
FA cup winner
League cup winner
Asian cup winner (as a manager)
Footballer of the year

I give you none other than Mr Steve Perryman OBE.
Technically you're right, but I'm not sure a sub against Iceland constitutes an international career....probably should have played more often though..

Stelios

Ian Holloway for me,,,, no "mr nice guy" but prepared to stand on the sidelines and throw a few "f"s at the players when they are not performing and gets results .... i'll get my coat ..
Not sure if you're joking? I wouldn't say no but I think he's a bit above our league.

I still maintain Wenger and Tisdale should have done a job swap. It would have been perfect. Wenger doesn't need the money and maintains he still wants to work. Tisdale is clearly too good for us and the Arsenal fans are notoriously patient and would never demand too much. It's only certain Exeter fans who live in cloud-cuckoo land. Every other club has sane, rational, undemanding fans who never complain about anything.

How about Dean Saunders? He's always on Talksport saying all he would ask from a club was a guarantee of 2-3 years. We can give him that.

exile in wales

Not sure if you're joking? I wouldn't say no but I think he's a bit above our league.

I was just having a look at this and hoping just maybe ..https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2018/05/30/next-shrewsbury-town-manager-the-bookies-favourites-to-replace-paul-hurst/

Stelios

Blimey, always loads of out of work managers about isn't there? Makes me laugh whenever there is a vacancy at a completely bonkers club and pundits say "who would want to manage there?". Well........... only the 100 odd people who have already applied!

We'd have 100s of applicants. We'd need someone who would promote youth and not bring in a load of old 'tried and tested' cloggers who can 'do a job'. You'd think the Cowley Bros. were the new Guardiolas judging by the press they get but but was wasn't impressed with their tactics and touchline/backrooom staff antics.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Thousands of managers out of work & were a club who have stuck with a manager for donkeys years regardless of form or results during good and bad spells

We would be one of the most attractive jobs in the the football league

StroudGrecian

a sub against Iceland
Well it was the Cod Wars era

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about Dean Saunders? He's always on Talksport saying all he would ask from a club was a guarantee of 2-3 years. We can give him that.
After 2 or 3 years of Dean Saunders we'd be in the Conference South.

Max Payne 2

Brian McDermott would be my choice

IndoMike

I've worked out the perfect candidate for the new managers job

Well respected in the football world.
Ex England international
UEFA cup winner
FA cup winner
League cup winner
Asian cup winner (as a manager)
Footballer of the year

I give you none other than Mr Steve Perryman OBE.
You sold him short , Ramone.

Steve Perryman played over 850 matches in all competitions and holds the record for most appearances in the league, FA Cup, League Cup and Europe.

In a glittering career he also won more medals than any other player at the Lane with two League Cups, two UEFA Cups and two FA Cups alongside the honour of the Football Writers' Player of the Year in 1982.