• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

older-codger

In a somewhat puerile attempt to score points, Right Wing gave my name in a post followed by a confirmation by a member of the new Exeweb steering committee. Since there were only 2 or 3 people who actually knew my identity, I can only surmise where RW obtained his information.

I can confirm that I am NOT Paul Morrish – I am in fact his father. Paul has been a fanatical supporter of ECFC for over 40 years since I took him to his first game at the age of 7 (a 1-0 defeat by Alvechurch in the FA Cup). When he was appointed a Director following his work on V10, I made a specific point to myself that I would not discuss any aspect of his activity as a director or seek to use our relationship to obtain information that was not generally available and this stance has been maintained. All posts that I have made on Exeweb have been entirely my own views, not influenced by any knowledge of anything that is not available to any other member.

Because of our relationship, I have studiously tried to maintain my anonymity to avoid any suggestion that I was acting as a mouthpiece for Paul or the Directors. I have also not made myself available for election to the Trust BoS due to potential conflicting interests. That anonymity has now been compromised and it will be very difficult to post without some people making the link and viewing the post in that light. This, therefore, will be the last post that I shall make on Exeweb, although I shall no doubt lurk from time to time.

Finally, I would urge that members of Exeweb be very careful about taking rumour seriously and building up a head of steam on the basis of very dubious information. In particular, there are clearly those who, for reasons best know to themselves, appear intent on de-stabilising the Club. They are quite happy to throw pieces of meat into the pond and watch the piranhas swarm around it, even though the meat is subsequently shown to be of dubious quality. The danger is that it can appear to be perfectly plausible and done with the best of intentions. Nevertheless it can cause a disease to spread that can have serious consequences.

There will always be differences of opinion over the performances of the team or individual players. There will also be differing opinions over the managerial performance and this is perfectly understandable (and by the way, I understood from comments made by Norrie that the playing budget was increasing year on year. How Tis uses that sum of money is up to him – even to the extent of spending some of it on a new pitch).

When it comes to stirring up dissent within the Club however, I believe that there is a great danger, especially at times such as these, that the baby gets thrown out with the bath water.

Goodbye and good luck.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've no idea why Rightwing thought it was important to name you. I'm guessing that as Paul has grown up you're not responsible for his behaviour or anything anymore.

You have every right to your anonymity. Please carry on posting, even if you sign up under a new name. I think I've disagreed with you often, but that is the nature of these boards.

Parklife

I've no idea why Rightwing thought it was important to name you.
Because a valid point was made to him by OC and he had no response so resorted to such tactics?

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
In a somewhat puerile attempt to score points, Right Wing gave my name in a post followed by a confirmation by a member of the new Exeweb steering committee. Since there were only 2 or 3 people who actually knew my identity, I can only surmise where RW obtained his information.

I can confirm that I am NOT Paul Morrish – I am in fact his father. Paul has been a fanatical supporter of ECFC for over 40 years since I took him to his first game at the age of 7 (a 1-0 defeat by Alvechurch in the FA Cup). When he was appointed a Director following his work on V10, I made a specific point to myself that I would not discuss any aspect of his activity as a director or seek to use our relationship to obtain information that was not generally available and this stance has been maintained. All posts that I have made on Exeweb have been entirely my own views, not influenced by any knowledge of anything that is not available to any other member.

Because of our relationship, I have studiously tried to maintain my anonymity to avoid any suggestion that I was acting as a mouthpiece for Paul or the Directors. I have also not made myself available for election to the Trust BoS due to potential conflicting interests. That anonymity has now been compromised and it will be very difficult to post without some people making the link and viewing the post in that light. This, therefore, will be the last post that I shall make on Exeweb, although I shall no doubt lurk from time to time.

Finally, I would urge that members of Exeweb be very careful about taking rumour seriously and building up a head of steam on the basis of very dubious information. In particular, there are clearly those who, for reasons best know to themselves, appear intent on de-stabilising the Club. They are quite happy to throw pieces of meat into the pond and watch the piranhas swarm around it, even though the meat is subsequently shown to be of dubious quality. The danger is that it can appear to be perfectly plausible and done with the best of intentions. Nevertheless it can cause a disease to spread that can have serious consequences.

There will always be differences of opinion over the performances of the team or individual players. There will also be differing opinions over the managerial performance and this is perfectly understandable (and by the way, I understood from comments made by Norrie that the playing budget was increasing year on year. How Tis uses that sum of money is up to him – even to the extent of spending some of it on a new pitch).

When it comes to stirring up dissent within the Club however, I believe that there is a great danger, especially at times such as these, that the baby gets thrown out with the bath water.

Goodbye and good luck.
Good post older codger, be sorry to lose you. Certainly one of the more balanced posters on here.

Alistair20000

Exe Web slumps to a new low.

crocks

I am sorry that yu are leaving these boards O-C as I have always valued your posts but fully understand the reasons for doing so.

In a sense I agree with lots of what you have written above......the missing link is the communication. The less there is, the more people assume that there is something to hide and thats when rumours, supposition and general filling in of gaps takes place.

Alistair20000

Good post older codger, be sorry to lose you. Certainly one of the more balanced posters on here.
Agreed. Not a good day for the site IMO.

Thames Valley Red

Can I add I personally want to make sure that this does not detract from some positive action on other thread, and as I see it is unrelated to the petition. The timing of this is interesting and it is clear that some may seem that people raising issues, is negative all the time. I class Paul as a friend at distance and found him to be professional. Under the circumstances anyone linking the two issues is reading too much into things!

I personally want to see the share structure of the club be adjusted, allowing for the loan to be reset and therefore this can adjust the liquidity of the business. Thus allowing for better business cases to be allowed for fundraising for the club. Bluntly we need to improve the credit rating! We also need to produce a vibrant trust that challenges the club on a daily basis and is at the heart of taking the club forward.

Well done you for naming yourself, many a keyboard warrior comes on here and dishes it out, not leaving a name and running to the hills. I personally have always been open with my name and have always put my heart on my sleeve. Some take advantage!

It is a breath of fresh air on Exeweb at the moment, we have an open board and it seems the personal attacks are becoming limited.

Lets think before we type and assume.

UTC

TVR
Ps. come back under a new name! Exeweb team will do that for you!

Last edited:

Poultice

Goodbye and good luck.
Why not re register as slightly older and wiser Codger ?

There is no reason why posters should be outed unless they are promoting an agenda which conflicts with their position within the club(coughs) Plain Capers, but let's face it, anyone that didn't know who you were really wasn't paying attention, which I guess covers quite a high proportion of posters.

I hope you change your mind Codge, obviously I don't always agree with you but unlike a lot of stuff on here your views are always worth reading.

********, Anonymity is my middle name, recently changed by deed poll from Slim.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope O-C will think again. There are plenty of "neutral subjects" he can give his views on. We need all the sensible posters we can get, as an antidote to all the juveniles who infest these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.