• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who’s signing new deals & who’s out of contract? - Summer 2021

MagicMushroom

Just as I was about to go to bed I was wondering, who is out of contract in the summer and who will be offered new deals? Been reading on here that Atangana has been offered a new deal and I’m hoping that isn’t the case!!

Average Joe

Nicky Ajose will be offered a 4 year deal with a lucrative offer to stop any temptations from rival clubs......

MagicMushroom

According to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exeter-city/vertragsende/verein/6699 - Joel Randall is out of contract in the summer..

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exeter-city/vertragsende/verein/6699 - Joel Randall is out of contract in the summer..
Well we can quickly throw this list into the bin. MT has confirmed that Randall is under contract next season.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is purely (educated) guess work but I think the OOC players are:

Ward
Maxted
Page
Sweeney
Parkes
Williams
Fish
Ajose

Not sure on the likes of McArdle and Caprice. Think Atangana and Bowman have signed new deals.

I think we should offer Page a new deal and on current form Sweeney should be retained but I’m not sure he will stay. Can see Ward leaving and maybe Maxted too if we manage to get Andresson back on loan. We’d still need another ‘keeper too.

A big summer ahead for KMT regardless of the league we’re in.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that the following are out of contract:

Lewis Ward
Jonny Maxted
Rory McArdle
Tom Parkes
Pierce Sweeney
Noah Smerdon
Louis Morrison
Jake Taylor
Nigel Atangana
Lewis Wilson
Nicky Ajose
Alex Fisher
Randell Williams

Some of these are likely to have been offered new terms - but I have no idea if they have already signed or not.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nicky Ajose will be offered a 4 year deal with a lucrative offer to stop any temptations from rival clubs......
Don't forget the Goal Bonus add-ons

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't forget the Goal Bonus add-ons
What? Do you mean the £50 per goal he might have scored had be been picked?

Boyo

Lewis Ward
Jonny Maxted
Rory McArdle
Tom Parkes
Pierce Sweeney
Noah Smerdon
Louis Morrison
Jake Taylor
Nigel Atangana
Lewis Wilson
Nicky Ajose
Alex Fisher
Randell Williams

Some of these are likely to have been offered new terms - but I have no idea if they have already signed or not.
Interesting. As always it's difficult to comment on their value to the squad without knowing what their wages are, but I certainly think that Taylor and Sweeney deserve new deals, although I'd hope that Sweeney was relatively inexpensive. If Nige is on high wages I'd let him go.

I think MT doesn't view either Ward or Maxted as first choice, so would expect only one to stay, probably Maxted.

I'd keep Williams, but strongly suspect he'll be off.

I think all the others will be released.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Lewis Ward
Jonny Maxted
Rory McArdle
Tom Parkes
Pierce Sweeney
Noah Smerdon
Louis Morrison
Jake Taylor
Nigel Atangana
Lewis Wilson
Nicky Ajose
Alex Fisher
Randell Williams

I wouldn’t be surprised if McArdle Parkes and Taylor were offered new deals and the rest of them left the club.