• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who’s signing new deals & who’s out of contract? - Summer 2021

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of the list unfortunately there are noises that Atangans has been given a new contract which is quite depressing, likewise no one really seems to know what sort of contract Ajose is on, one would assume with his treatment by MT it is up this year and hopefully that is the case, I'd possibly sign the youngsters but the others couldn't get too excited either way, except for Fisher who really must go to free up a wage with AJose if we can

Albumen

I'd just keep Jake Taylor (not our best player but good enough and club man, understands what we're about), Sweeney for his performance this season and Tom Parkes as an unspectacular but solid option off the bench.

Get rid of the rest bar those youth players, Morrison in particular looks decent.
Agreed. Surely you’d keep Williams if it was possible?

Red Bill

Of the list unfortunately there are noises that Atangans has been given a new contract which is quite depressing, likewise no one really seems to know what sort of contract Ajose is on, one would assume with his treatment by MT it is up this year and hopefully that is the case, I'd possibly sign the youngsters but the others couldn't get too excited either way, except for Fisher who really must go to free up a wage with AJose if we can
The truth is no one knows what contract any of our players are on, in terms of money anyway, its all speculation and guesswork, despite what some might claim they know!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Parkes and Sweeney do their best however I'd move them on, time to get a bit more pace and athleticism into our back line.

rooecfc

Parkes and Sweeney do their best however I'd move them on, time to get a bit more pace and athleticism into our back line.
I would agree, both been good servants but would be good to get some fresh faces in

Langer

Put some feelers out about possible replacements/improvements before getting rid of too many

Ash

I'd keep Sweenz, he's still young enough to improve and is a versatile and determined player, as evidenced by the way he forced his way back into the side after seemingly being surpluses to requirements this season. And I'd keep Taylor too, a very decent league two midfielder.
I'd be horrified if the rumours about Nige turn out to be true. Why oh why would he have been offered an extension?? And sadly I'd be surprised if Rory moved down south for just a one year deal, although I sincerely hope that's correct.
Can't really comment on the kids, but of the senior players listed, I'd only keep JT & PS.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn’t Stubbs supposed to do that?

Grecian Max

Agreed. Surely you’d keep Williams if it was possible?
Yeh but he'll be off won't he so pointless saying otherwise

Grecian Max

I do agree with you, but we need to bring a lot of players in as it is...