Which player has most successfully proved City wrong in releasing them?

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that his parents were moving up to the Bristol area and he did not want to live away from home. That was the reason he was "released".
the article by City on the City website at the time about Cam Hargreaves said that the club coaches had an early discussion with him and his parents, saying that they thought it might not happen for him at City, so were delighted that he got fixed up elsewhere (in the academy where his dad was working)

Langer

By his own admission Norwood said he attitude as a junior player was poor.
The biggest injustice was Geoff Breslin never played in the top flight 😉

IBA

The clearest example of the OP for me is James Coppinger, who shone in a poorly performing team, JC was at ECFC for 5 minutes, and became a legend at Donny Rovers for like 20 years!!!

Rosencrantz

The clearest example of the OP for me is James Coppinger, who shone in a poorly performing team, JC was at ECFC for 5 minutes, and became a legend at Donny Rovers for like 20 years!!!
Except of course that we did not release Copps. He was out of contract and moved for £30k.

Banksy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably Seymour after he’s released at the end of his current contract. Just imagine him going to Argyle and scoring twenty goals in his first season.🤡

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Poor old Ian, still trying to back up his claim that Mackie was a failed winger!

For the record after leaving Jamie Mackie went on to play 60 premiership games, 198 in the championshp and 76 in league 1, playing for 5 different teams.

How could they all have been so wrong? 😄
Mackie had the one thing that Norwood didn't.............. desire and a great work ethic.