• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which compact camera?

OfficialECFC

Nikon Coolpix S8000 (might be S9100 now, but you can still get the S8000).

Check this out to compare performance, etc:

http://www.cameras.co.uk/html/shutter-lag-comparisons.cfm?sort=ShutterLag
As a birthday gift to myself I purchased a Nikon Coolpix S9100 last week (Currys had it reduced by £120)

Been very very impressed so far. Just about pocket size and the zoom and image quality are immense

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As a birthday gift to myself I purchased a Nikon Coolpix S9100 last week (Currys had it reduced by £120)

Been very very impressed so far. Just about pocket size and the zoom and image quality are immense
Currently top of my list. Think I will visit a camera shop for a proper look first.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for everyone's advice on here and by PM. Went for the one shown below, just over £200, a Fujifilm P500. The CMOS sensor means a big jump forward from my previous one. Just need some live sport now to give it a proper test run!

Willy Nilly

Panasonic Lumix TZ range.

I have a TZ7 and it's the nuts. Superb photos, lots of options, great widescreen mode, and an excellent zoom for a compact.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good choice of colour there Hants [y]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good choice of colour there Hants [y]
Blue or white was the other 2 choices. So had to be red!