• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What's Tom done wrong?

muppetdodger

Tom Nichols gets 6 in 6 and then he doesn't kick a ball for two games. Why is that. Presumably he has upset Tis somehow, but really we are not exactly prolific in front of goal, why would you take the form man off the pitch for two games. This is where I find Tisdale erratic to say the least, it is sometimes like he's saying 'I'm in charge, so I have the right not to pick him' Get him back in for Boxing Day and get some goals against Cheltenham. would be good to get one over their Management 'Dream Team'!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously he's been frozen out, along with Christy Pym because of a petty personal feud. Also, why isn't Morrison in the team? Or Jimmy Keohane? Or Cummins? So many personal feuds, Tisdale has going on. Thank god, he's finally ended his petty personal feuds with Wheeler and Harley, or we'd struggle to put a team out. Now he's started a petty personal feud with Davies... Thought they got on well, but clearly not. We'd probably be top of the league if Tis hadn't lost the dressing room. Whether or not we're successful, how long can we continue to ignore the obvious fact that Tisdale has a petty personal feud going on with (size of squad - 11) players?

grecianstew

Didn't Tis attack Baldwin's leg with an Iron bar as a result of a fued and that's why he's not in the team as well?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He most probably hasn't fallen out with Tis but it is still a bit strange to take a young striker out of the side who had found some goal scoring form.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's just the poor game against Burton that's done it for him. With us now having more options the chances are that if you don't perform then someone is going to come in and take your place.

JRFowler

It's just the poor game against Burton that's done it for him. With us now having more options the chances are that if you don't perform then someone is going to come in and take your place.
Agreed, exactly the same as cummins basically, although I'd of given Tom one more game and tried him with Alex and wheeler personally but tis is clearly experimenting with the front line. One things for sure it definitely has been a bit disjointed since burton

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tom's not had a full season of first team games yet so perhaps given games will be coming thick and fast over the next couple of weeks Tis is giving him a bit of a rest to recharge his batteries. As has been said, it's not like we're short of strikers and, Saturday apart, have been scoring regularly so why not give him a rest now rather than burn him out later.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, a centre-back

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Nothing, progressing well, keeping the youngsters feet firmly on the ground, ensuring no burn out. He'll get his opportunity again, and I'm sure he'll grasp it

IndoMike

What a load of crap some people write. Burnt out?! Bull****. He's a young fit bloke who can easily play one game a week. He's not exactly gonna be drained by cup matches , is he? Just when he gets into the swing of things and finding his form he gets the boot. I can just imagine Mother Tisdale's words to him.. "Sorry son, I know you're playing well and full of confidence, but we don't want you getting carried away, so...you're benched! Bennett..! Where are you?"

Last edited: