• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What year did you first watch or take a interest in The Grecians ?

wiveygrecian

My very first match was a friendly against Nottingham Forest after they just signed Trevor Francis for £1 million in 1979. Started going regularly in 1985 and have been going ever since

Oliver

1949, seated on the small wall in front of the refreshment hut by the side of the old Grandstand. think it was against Millwall in the old third division south.

Phillip

November 1976 at home to Southend in the 1st round of the FA Cup. A 1-1 draw standing on the old big bank. We lost the replay.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
My very first match was a friendly against Nottingham Forest after they just signed Trevor Francis for £1 million in 1979. Started going regularly in 1985 and have been going ever since
That was Nicky Jennings' testimonial

iscalad

Spent most of my teenage years in Australia, so football was what I played not watched. Cricket at the Adelaide Oval and Aussie Rules were the spectator sports. Used too take a vague interest in all the Devon teams. When we came back to England and settled in Exeter, I worked at Birks Halls in the kitchens and some of the other cooks were fans and asked if I'd like to come along one day. Would have been towards the end of the 67/68 season.

As with some others, I have no idea who we played in the first match I watched.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
1954 in a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth. We were at the bottom of the league but still attracted a crowd of over 9,000. In the early days I always stood behind the big bank goal. I know Pete USA was always there and so, apparently, Banksy.

rooecfc

2013/14 pre season game vs Swansea, 2 0 defeat.
I would've been 8 at the time, been pretty much every home game since and a fair few away games

Avening Posse

First game Wolves late 70’s. Hardly missed a home game throughout the 80’s, cowshed if with pals or Bank if with Dad

Red Devon

Dad took me along for the first time near the end of the 72/73 season not quite sure of the game been going ever since.

jimmy

My Grandfather saw Exeter City in TEN separate decades...the late 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, naughties, teenies and 2020s (beginning of this year).