• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What year did you first watch or take a interest in The Grecians ?

Athelstan

My first game was a 1-0 home defeat to Blackpool on 30th January 1993. Dave Bamber scored for Blackpool if I remember rightly. I was not hooked straight away but went to the next home league game against Stockport County to see if City played as badly every week. Luckily they were much better and drew 2-2 with a late equaliser from Jim McIntyre in front of the Big Bank.

haka

Probably not my first game, but the one that gave me a life sentence (no parole) was this one in 1970 ...

City 6 Hartlepool 0

Alan Banks scored a hat-trick. I was at primary school, went with my friend and his dad and of course I loved it. So I asked the All-Knowing Grown-Up if it was always this much fun.

He lied ... :rolleyes:

jgay-64

1946 when I was a very young teenager. Now a very old 89 year old has been, still interested in Exeter City!!!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
1946 when I was a very young teenager. Now a very old 89 year old has been, still interested in Exeter City!!!
You could be the most senior Exewebber, with Early Bath as your nearest challenger.

denzil

In the Year of our Lord 1964

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taken at a very early age by my parents but first took note of what was happening on the pitch as a six year old in 1948.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
My first game was a 1-0 home defeat to Blackpool on 30th January 1993. Dave Bamber scored for Blackpool if I remember rightly. I was not hooked straight away but went to the next home league game against Stockport County to see if City played as badly every week. Luckily they were much better and drew 2-2 with a late equaliser from Jim McIntyre in front of the Big Bank.
That was my second game! Remember it well.

First game was the previous home game 2 weeks earlier. Exeter 2 West Brom 3
We haven't played them in the league since!

lamrobhero

My first game was at Plainmoor in the first round of the league cup in 1967. My Dad told me to watch out for Jim Fryatt and Robin Stubbs. The match ended 0-0. Another name that sticks in the memory is Bruce Stuckey

otterton reds

I think early 70s & Bob Wilson was in goal

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
1957 when Ted Calland was centre forward! Now there was a tough player.Used to stand right behind the goal where the Big Bank is now.
One of my favourite players he really did have a canon ball shot.