• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What year did you first watch or take a interest in The Grecians ?

Shortround

15th august 1995

Red Monster

Saw us beat Hayes 1-0 FA 1st round 1964 !!!

robchave

I think it was some time in the 1966/68 season. Seem to remember we were pretty crap. At 14/15 I got hooked on the buzz in the Cow Shed.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
First game was New Year's Day 1983 against Newport. Taken by my on leave from RAF Uncle with my cousin. Stood down the St James Road end as was his habit apparently back then. Lost 1-0 although all I really remember was Len Bond being stretchered off near the end.

Interest started from there and first regular season was 1984/85 aged 7/8 with my Mum and Gran who had both supported City since the sixties when my Uncle was introduced to City by his uncle I believe. They generally went along with him as my grandad wasn't interested back then.

Banksy

Saw us beat Hayes 1-0 FA 1st round 1964 !!!
Ah good old Hayes. My grandfather on my mother’s side played for them back in the day.Have an old faded picture of him and the team in my room with the other photos.Have very few actually as he died when he was twenty eight.

LOG

It's a continual annoyance that i don't remember my first match. It would've been early 80s though.

dontpassback

1968,we lived in st Thomas and my uncle was a keen sports fan,he usee to frequent the dog racing at the county ground and always used to pop in on a Friday,one day he asked if why like to go to watch city,yes please I said and that was it ! (My dad took me to a couple of rugby games at the county ground but it didn’t interest me,but the football was a different matter)

older-codger

February 1948. Went to see the great Tommy Lawton playing for Notts Co. Sat on the wall between the Big Bank and the Cowshed. Big disappointment as Tommy was ill and didn't play!

Oldsmobile-88

February 1948. Went to see the great Tommy Lawton playing for Notts Co. Sat on the wall between the Big Bank and the Cowshed. Big disappointment as Tommy was ill and didn't play!
That was my Dads first game as well.

Dannyred

No idea who city played now but it was in 1968