What was the last pub you visited...

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mmmm faggots. Love faggots. (y)
Which is what I sampled last Thursday while in dining at The Ship, Cockwood. While my daughter-in-law claimed her caesar salad was her best ever, my son was less impressed with his monk fish. Ever googled what a monk fish looks like?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which is what I sampled last Thursday while in dining at The Ship, Cockwood. While my daughter-in-law claimed her caesar salad was her best ever, my son was less impressed with his monk fish. Ever googled what a monk fish looks like?
Monkfish is hideously ugly. Think Jay Rayner.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The barman serving me said it was made in Winkleigh near Oakhampton (is there a Winkleigh down thataways?) He then went on to say he wasn't sure of what the cost of a pint was. I said I believed it was 75pence which caused great levity before he ripped me for £3.60.
Stuffy not only is there a Winkleigh NE of Okehampton, but there was RAF Winkleigh too, which I am sure that you will find interesting. Built in WW2 at times it housed RAF squadrons, Polish, Canadian, American and even Black Ops ones with Lysanders, resulting in some official records not even acknowledging it's existence. If you Google it there is an extensive on line history. Happy reading !

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffy not only is there a Winkleigh NE of Okehampton, but there was RAF Winkleigh too, which I am sure that you will find interesting. Built in WW2 at times it housed RAF squadrons, Polish, Canadian, American and even Black Ops ones with Lysanders, resulting in some official records not even acknowledging it's existence. If you Google it there is an extensive on line history. Happy reading !
Thanks for that CB. Driving to Westward Ho! many years ago I seem to recall the road ran right through what would have been the airfield site with the runways on your right and the ubiquitous wartime 'maycrete' buildings on your left - I believe that some such buildings are still in use at Exeter Airport.

As an afterthought I've added this link that might add to your knowledge and interest..

http://www.content-delivery.co.uk/aviation/airfields/Winkleigh.html