• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Fortunate Son, Enmore, Sydney. Across the road from the venue where The Stranglers played. Nice lager !

Colesman Ballz

Celebrated our win with various Salcombe Breweries offerings in Georges Meeting House, and finished the night listening to Dub in the Angel, whilst quaffing Otter Ale.

Legohead

Banned
Had lunch at The Bedford Hotel in Tavistock today.

The average age of the lunchtime punters must have been about 80 so the soup of the day seemed very popular.
Thanks for the heads up LOG. I'm down in Tavistock for Easter week where I will be taking in the Morecambe game. I usually go to the Blacksmiths Arms at Lamerton or the excellent Peter Tavy Inn.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Market Porter in Southwark, yesterday. Excellent as always.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

The white building at the end of the street is the public house where I enjoyed a pint of something or other ?

My son reckoned my clothes compared quite favourably with the locals. :unsure:

CityTillIDie

Bowling green, definitely a favourite of mine. Enjoyed free pool and a warm fire.

LOG

Not an establishment where I would expect you to rock up Lionel. :unsure: Any particular reason, and what did you make of the ales and foodage ? Info welcome please.
Work had taken me down that way and it was a recommendation of the person on reception at the place we'd been to.

The food was good and reasonably priced. I stuck to the Panda Pops so can't comment on the ales.

LOG

Thanks for the heads up LOG. I'm down in Tavistock for Easter week where I will be taking in the Morecambe game. I usually go to the Blacksmiths Arms at Lamerton or the excellent Peter Tavy Inn.
It's not really somewhere to go drinking as it's a hotel but it was a nice place. Food was good too.

fred binneys head

The Harrington Arms, Bosley - near Macclesfield. How this gets 4 out of 5 on trip advisor I’ll never know. The highlight was someone coming to the bar and asking “can I just ask a question about the Roast beef sandwich? What’s the meat in it?” And the bar lady replying in all seriousness “I’m not sure, I think it’s beef”.

How I didn’t soil myself I don’t know.

Plus the pool table was £1 a game but you had to use 50p pieces. When we asked for change at the till they only had two 50p pieces.

#firstworldproblems

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In Macclesfield on Saturday. Water Green Tavern, on to the Snow Goose (skipping the Trace Tap), then on to the Jolly Sailor, skipped the Red Willow and on to the Railway Tavern. Popped in to the Water Green Tavern after the game while waiting for my train back to London. Three of them had lit fires which was lovely given the wet and cold outside.