• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
12 yo singleton is great value. A very tasty dram.
Along similar lines the Sainsbury's taste the difference Highland single malt is pretty decent and very cheap (it's relabelled Dalmore) at 18-20 quid a bottle.
Just trying Lidl's own brand Islay single malt. Peaty yet honey-sweet, seems decent value for 17 quid a throw.

Alistair20000

A Lidl's Beaujolais Villages at £5.49 a bottle was consumed with some pleasure earlier tonight both as regards quality and price.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jordanian Pinot Grigio. Left for us by the hotel. Very nice after a hot and busy day walking around ancient Greek and Roman archaeological sites.

Rosencrantz

Jordanian Pinot Grigio. Left for us by the hotel. Very nice after a hot and busy day walking around ancient Greek and Roman archaeological sites.
In honour of Danny Ric being back on top of the podium, maybe a "shoey" is in order...or maybe not 😉

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adnams Broadside. Dark beer and 6.3%.

Very tasty. A few more of these and I'll tek the feckn lorra yez.

And the Chiefs' front row.

Trapdoor

highland park dragon legend. not bad at 26 quid a bottle, big discount at waitrose. wouldnt pay more than 30 for it though.

Avening Posse

Cabernet Merlot - from Margaret River Western Oz - bought in Aldi - beautiful

Trapdoor

Been working my way through the tiny rebel beer advent calendar. Their cryo-hopped triple NEIPA was nearly perfect. Fantastic apricot, peach and mango flavours.

Last night I tried my Christmas beer, a rochefort 10 clone (it needs another few weeks in the keg to really mature but I needed to check it's progress). Smell is quite ethanol/Christmas pudding. The up front flavour is all dates, raisins and stewed plums, with a chocolatey/coffee aftertaste.

It's dangerously quaffable and easy drinking for a dark 10% beer.

20211208_200627.jpg

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Morrisons "the Best" West Country vintage still cider. Comes in a cardboard container with a little tap.

Bleddy gorgeous .

Alistair20000

A very mellow Woodford Reserve following an Australian Riesling that accompanied the freshly caught trout cooked on the BBQ