• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

Trapdoor

Just had a very nice pinot noir from Pommard. Not sure which wine specifically because I didn't get a good look at the bottle before the waiter disposed of it but I saw it was a 2018 Pommard.

Think it was just a village level wine, but it was pretty darn fantastic. Either 2018 is an extremely good Burgandy vintage or I just randomly got lucky.

I wish I knew what bottle it was. It was about 70 quid in the restaurant, so maybe only 20-30 quid retail.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
76D09AA5-F366-46DD-90DA-F53B9F62589B.jpegIncredible Sulk Golden Premium Ale 5% alc.

Alistair20000

Just had a very nice pinot noir from Pommard. Not sure which wine specifically because I didn't get a good look at the bottle before the waiter disposed of it but I saw it was a 2018 Pommard.

Think it was just a village level wine, but it was pretty darn fantastic. Either 2018 is an extremely good Burgandy vintage or I just randomly got lucky.

I wish I knew what bottle it was. It was about 70 quid in the restaurant, so maybe only 20-30 quid retail.
2018 is a good vintage Trappy if the producer is good at his work. Just in case you are interested.

Grecian2K

I think, in the circumstances, it has to be a bottle of Becks!

It might be a carpish brew but every pint has a silver lining?

Trapdoor

2018 is a good vintage Trappy if the producer is good at his work. Just in case you are interested.
Interesting. I've got a couple of bottles of corton grand cru from 2018 in my cellar, but I dont drink a lot of Burg or Pinot, so I'm a bit clueless about that region. I only have them because they were going cheap. I mainly buy Bordeaux, Spain and Tuscany. Burg always seems super variable and complicated, it definitely offers something unique though I guess...!

Trapdoor

Do any other exeweb folk use cellar tracker at all?

Alistair20000

Do any other exeweb folk use cellar tracker at all?
Not me. Is there a link please Trappy ?

Alistair20000

A very pleasant white Chateauneuf du Pape. £11:99 from Aldi.

A small consolation for the FGR disappointment today.

iscalad

Bottle of Yellow Hammer.

Trapdoor

Not me. Is there a link please Trappy ?
Here's my cellar, mainly bordeaux stuff:

Had a fantastic 2007 Brokenwood Graveyard Shiraz at my sisters wedding last week. A stunning wine, truly beautiful, complex, smokey and smooth. Sadly it seems to have skyrocketed in price these days. If you see a bottle of it below ~£120 I would suggest buying as much as possible and sitting on it for 10 years.