• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What radio station do you listen to?

OmanGrecian

In the car I usually have Radio 1 on. In the office we listen to Radio 2, however today we have Magic FM tuned in. Some classics being played.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sadly Eagle FM. It's always on in the works canteen. "More music, more variety", like heck it. You can almost set your watch by what song is on. Safe, dull music, with uninteresting presenters.

tagz

Normally radio 1. If a radio is on between 12-2 Monday- Friday Jeremy Vine but I hate Steve Wright

Radio 4, Radio 5 live and radio 2 until 2pm (can't stand Steve wright)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I very rarely listen to the radio, but:

At work, when there's sport on, 5 Live Extra or the County Cricket commentaries via the BBC website;
BBC Devon via Player for the City commentaries;
Radio 5 Live (or Radio 4 LW via 720AM) in the car for sport;
Occasionally Absolute Radio.

Used to listen to 6 Music on my headphones at work before I worked in a small shared office, but stopped when Gideon Coe moved to a late show instead of daytime.

Mid Devon Clown

soma.fm for internet listening, Radio 2 in the car. Concur with those avoiding Steve Wright.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
During the week 5Live in the morning before I leave, 6Music or occasionally 4Extra in the car and then 6Music during the day. Used to be that as soon as they played one weird track that someone else in the office would complain and switch on to Radio 2 (which, after 12 and before 5, leads me to get increasingly angry), however I've now moved into a different office and am free to have my own choice on.

Over the weekend it'll be a mix of 5Live, Phonic FM and either 590 The Fan or TSN1050 for ice hockey commentary on the rare occasions that I can't find a TV stream.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
5Live for me, although not in the morning as i can't be doing with Nicky Campbell. If it's music i'm after, and assuming i have access, it's Spotify, last.fm or one of me old Journey LPs.

grecIAN Harris

Start off with Radio 2 first thing these days until 9.30. Then I turn over to Radio 1 because I'm not a great lover of Ken Bruce until 11am and then it's Kiss for an hour. Back to Radio 1 until 1pm and then it's Radio 2 for the rest of the day. Unless it's a Saturday, and then it's 5 Live all day.

elginCity

Really don't get all this anti Wrighty stuff, he's been on t'radio forever, perhaps that's why. Bland, inoffensive and predictable he might be, but still a national treasure.

Wake up to R4 (don't do music first thing, and Evans is much too hyper), R2 or 5live once fully awake and functioning.

Last edited: