• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What radio station do you listen to?

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always Absolute

Silver fox

In Exeter radio Ex, outside the area most the time Kiss FM.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
At work i have to endure either radio exe or heart. In the car and at home it's mostly talksport and sometimes radio 2 or smooth radio.

I always enjoy Ken Crowther or Andrew Tokely on World Radio Gardening. Andrew, like myself, is very much a leek and onion man, although I don't share his passion for Begonias.

If I'm out of the house, I used to listen to the podcasts provided by the How2Caravan website but they don't see to have produced one since releasing Cooking in a caravan with Monica Rivron last June.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Tend to flick between Five live and Talksport whilst commuting

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mainly Talksport with the odd bit of Five Live thrown in

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really don't get all this anti Wrighty stuff, he's been on t'radio forever, perhaps that's why. Bland, inoffensive and predictable he might be, but still a national treasure.
Yeah, well Rolf Harris was a national treasure, it ain't all it cracked up to be*.

My issues with Steve Wright are:

• He's still doing the exact same crap that he was doing 30 years ago
  • He doesn't listen to the people he interviews, which makes all his interviews stale and uninteresting
  • Even if he did listen the questions he asks are akin to those a teenager would ask, completely uninspired
  • He doesn't pay any attention to the music he plays (which for a DJ, in my book, means that he can never be described as 'inoffensive')
  • The jokes are all the same
  • The guys that present with him also aren't funny
  • His need to fill is so great that he reads the news directly from the BBC website (absolutely word for word), usually within 5 minutes of the actual news having been read out by a proper newsreader
  • He rehashes the 'factoid' section of the show, often using the same tedious fact time and again
  • Anyone that actually uses the word 'factoid' deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered

*Not suggesting that Steve Wright is in any way connected with the sort of things that Harris is, just saying that the term 'national treasure' doesn't have too much value IMO.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, well Rolf Harris was a national treasure, it ain't all it cracked up to be*.

My issues with Steve Wright are:

• He's still doing the exact same crap that he was doing 30 years ago
  • He doesn't listen to the people he interviews, which makes all his interviews stale and uninteresting
  • Even if he did listen the questions he asks are akin to those a teenager would ask, completely uninspired
  • He doesn't pay any attention to the music he plays (which for a DJ, in my book, means that he can never be described as 'inoffensive')
  • The jokes are all the same
  • The guys that present with him also aren't funny
  • His need to fill is so great that he reads the news directly from the BBC website (absolutely word for word), usually within 5 minutes of the actual news having been read out by a proper newsreader
  • He rehashes the 'factoid' section of the show, often using the same tedious fact time and again
  • Anyone that actually uses the word 'factoid' deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered

*Not suggesting that Steve Wright is in any way connected with the sort of things that Harris is, just saying that the term 'national treasure' doesn't have too much value IMO.
Other than that you quite like the chap and his work ;)

LOG

Does he still have his posse? Steve Wright i mean, not Jan.

Antony Moxey

Absolute. Too old for R1 now, and after trying to persevere with R2 I found Chris Evans annoyed me by being hyper about absolutely everything, Ken Bruce annoyed me with his cringeworthy banter with the woman on the show whose name I forget, Jeremy Vine annoyed me simply because he's a c*** and Steve love the show Wright annoyed me because he was simply annoying. As well as all of them having an utterly appalling taste in music. Quite like Simon Mayo though.

Local radio offers me nothing except terrible reception so it's either Absolute or my iPod.