• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happened to free speech on Exeweb?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
How long will it be before this thread is removed? I bet it doesn't even make 0800 UK time before the Kremlin act.
You can be removed, without trace, too Andy. It's no problem for me, or any of my Exeweb Politburo friends.

This thread survived because it's not quite as childish and abusive as the last one.

Disagreeing strongly doesn't give you the right to liken someone to Charles Manson, or label others as particularly repugnant Communist regimes.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
........ I asked why my word for the loony left is instantly reversed to read "right wing lunatics"........
When you try to type ********* it gets changed to *********.

Colesman Ballz

People love alliteration.

The counterpart of "Loony Left" is therefore "Rabid Right".
Not another thread descending into talk about rabbits shirley ? :rolleyes:

ps. And if by some quirk of chance Mrs Ramone is called Shirley, no intention to cause any offence whatsoever mate !

IndoMike

Ramone was on thread topic.
Oh FCS. All right.

LOG

I do like how people think "free speech" means being allowed to say what you want without consequence.

DB9

I do like how people think "free speech" means being allowed to say what you want without consequence.
Out of interest, What do you mean by that? Genuine question

fred binneys head

Oh FCS. All right.
That's taking swearing to another level. Not many people use that middle word.

LOG

Out of interest, What do you mean by that? Genuine question
Any right to freedom of speech isn't a standalone thing - it operates in conjunction with other rights on all sides. It's not just what you say, it's how you say it. Person A may have the right to express disapproval at Person B but that doesn't automatically give them the right to do it in a way that may be offensive, for example.

DB9

Any right to freedom of speech isn't a standalone thing - it operates in conjunction with other rights on all sides. It's not just what you say, it's how you say it. Person A may have the right to express disapproval at Person B but that doesn't automatically give them the right to do it in a way that may be offensive, for example.
I thought "Freedon of Speech" meant you can say something, Even if it makes someone wince and be offended but what you can't say as "Freedom of Speech" is something that is horrendous and inciting someone to act upon becuase of what you say?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I hope you rule on Flounces with equal deference Lionel.