• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football wont be dead, clubs will convert back to being semi professional with players having to have jobs on the side like the old days.
Sounds logical however it won't happen.

Boyo

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Could we say we're holding a grouse shoot at SJP? But actually we have a game of football.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could we say we're holding a grouse shoot at SJP? But actually we have a game of football.
I'm game! :)

iscalad

I'm game! :)
Oooo, a Sturtz hunt.

Oldsmobile-88

Oooo, a Sturtz hunt.
I have a vision in my head of the former club secretary who had a blunderbuss shotgun chasing a turkey around SJP pre match about 30 years ago was it Steve Birley ?
As surreal as the Freddie Starr day when a couple of blokes in homemade Nazi stormtrooper year marched across the pitch!!

Trying to find a photo of the Turkey & blunderbuss pre match ‘entertainment’.
If anyone has it can they post it on the Exeter City memories sub forum under the Odds & sods thread..

Oldsmobile-88

Makes sense to me to let a family group into hospitality safe together.
Sounds a good idea to me..

Hospitality is/was a good income stream in the running of the club.

I know that the fella who was running it was made redundant recently,which points to the fact that it’s not going to be a quick fix in that area.

Rosencrantz

I have a vision in my head of the former club secretary who had a blunderbuss shotgun chasing a turkey around SJP pre match about 30 years ago was it Steve Birley ?
As surreal as the Freddie Starr day when a couple of blokes in homemade Nazi stormtrooper year marched across the pitch!!

Trying to find a photo of the Turkey & blunderbuss pre match ‘entertainment’.
If anyone has it can they post it on the Exeter City memories sub forum under the Odds & sods thread..
The turkey was in an argyle shirt and the Sunday Indi went crazy and reported City to the FA or Football League didn't they? I think we just got a rap over the knuckles and the turkey came back for a while in a City shirt pre-empting Alex the Greek and Grecian the Lion.

Oldsmobile-88

The turkey was in an argyle shirt and the Sunday Indi went crazy and reported City to the FA or Football League didn't they? I think we just got a rap over the knuckles and the turkey came back for a while in a City shirt pre-empting Alex the Greek and Grecian the Lion.
Great stuff...It’s all too sensible these days 😎

OmanGrecian

You're allowed on public transport right? Just open up the Stagecoach Adam Stansfield Stand. Sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.