• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcy Sid

Not happening this weekend Sid.

It’s a crazy short timespan to get anything sorted for this Saturday.
Apologies, I missed the link above to the club statement. Must have been all the excitement of watching the Weymouth game! Yes makes sense I suppose; better to wait a while and get things right rather than to rush it when we aren't ready. Some encouraging news there though. It will also be interesting to see how many other clubs are ready and able for fans to return on Saturday at such short notice. Barely enough time to evict the cardboard cut outs!

Boyo

With the limit of 1,000 for these test events, then presumably the Club cannot make money, as the tickets will be allocated to season ticket holders only. In fact with the increased costs of hosting the match we would actually lose money. I wonder how many paying fans we need, beyond season ticket holders, to actually generate a profit. After all, that is the motivation to get fans back into grounds.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the limit of 1,000 for these test events, then presumably the Club cannot make money, as the tickets will be allocated to season ticket holders only. In fact with the increased costs of hosting the match we would actually lose money. I wonder how many paying fans we need, beyond season ticket holders, to actually generate a profit. After all, that is the motivation to get fans back into grounds.
Those season ticket holders wouldn't have to be refunded though. So whilst not ideal, not a complete write off.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
10 clubs confirmed as being allowed fans this weekend

Red Devon

The club doesn’t have to worry it’s head off about money at the moment it’s bagged close to £5 million quid over the last month...can’t we just be pleased that some supporters will be able to get back to SJP and watch a game of football soon.

Reactions: Ash

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
From a medium term viewpoint and in realistic numbers,next year.Anticipating the announcement of an Ifollow live match season ticket at some point in the next month or two.

Boyo

Those season ticket holders wouldn't have to be refunded though. So whilst not ideal, not a complete write off.
I was under the impression that there wouldn't be season ticket refunds, rather STHs would be given iFollow passes instead.

Rosencrantz

I was under the impression that there wouldn't be season ticket refunds, rather STHs would be given iFollow passes instead.
I'm not sure what the club's policy is but the value of an ifollow pass is not the same so I'd expect the club to do something similar and refund for games closed to spectator's unless they request to donate.

OmanGrecian

I see Carlisle season ticket holders are having to pay for a normal matchday ticket for their match on Saturday :oops:. Can imagine the fallout on Exeweb if City did the same.

LOG

Luton have now said they won't be hosting an attended match after all as the EFL didn't tell them in enough time that they'd been selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.