• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure if this should be on "The things that annoy you thread" but last night my son went to watch Hitchen v Royston in a league game, Apparently it is a local derby and he said the offical attendance was 600! That is the max for that level, He did say he was talking to others there and they just wanted to see a game live and weren't really fans of either team, We can't watch any game live, FA Cup games are going to be closed to fans yet a league game like this can have 600 in probably a smallish stadium (Not sure what the capcity is) BTW Royston won 0-2.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure if this should be on "The things that annoy you thread" but last night my son went to watch Hitchen v Royston in a league game, Apparently it is a local derby and he said the offical attendance was 600! That is the max for that level, He did say he was talking to others there and they just wanted to see a game live and weren't really fans of either team, We can't watch any game live, FA Cup games are going to be closed to fans yet a league game like this can have 600 in probably a smallish stadium (Not sure what the capcity is) BTW Royston won 0-2.
Capacity apparently 4,554
So we could have about 1,000 at SJP on the same ratio

DB9

Capacity apparently 4,554
So we could have about 1,000 at SJP on the same ratio
Exactly, Even 1000 fans in SJP would great for the fans and the players and it can be done safely if organised right. My lad did say the atmosphere was pretty good mind, Bit of noise etc and just that matchday buzz you get in a ground.

Nigel E

I'm fairly sure the 600 capacity for teams at "Step 3" started as a blanket figure, regardless of the ground capacity. I believe it to be based on the minimum ground capacity required to play at that level - possibly 3000?

Though there may be some re-thinking going on. For instance, South Shields of the Northern Premier have a capacity of 3,250 and played in front of a 'capacity' crowd of 600 at the start of the season, but have recently halved that - maybe due to recent local Covid cases?

I *think* there is a 400 capacity for teams at Step 4 and below, presumably based on lower thresholds at that level. Certainly all the crowds at that level seem to be capped at that number.

This site linked below is a good one for keeping track of non-league results and crowds.

DB9

I'm fairly sure the 600 capacity for teams at "Step 3" started as a blanket figure, regardless of the ground capacity. I believe it to be based on the minimum ground capacity required to play at that level - possibly 3000?

Though there may be some re-thinking going on. For instance, South Shields of the Northern Premier have a capacity of 3,250 and played in front of a 'capacity' crowd of 600 at the start of the season, but have recently halved that - maybe due to recent local Covid cases?

I *think* there is a 400 capacity for teams at Step 4 and below, presumably based on lower thresholds at that level. Certainly all the crowds at that level seem to be capped at that number.

This site linked below is a good one for keeping track of non-league results and crowds.

Get what you're saying Nigel, Think my lad is happy to watch a game live and since he lives in Hertfordshire he seems to be having quite a choice of games to go to, This was his 5th or 6th game and tbf those lower league clubs appreciate that income i'd thought.

Nigel E

Get what you're saying Nigel, Think my lad is happy to watch a game live and since he lives in Hertfordshire he seems to be having quite a choice of games to go to, This was his 5th or 6th game and tbf those lower league clubs appreciate that income i'd thought.
Have done this once myself and intend to do so again. I'm in the Woking area and have a fair choice.

Went to see Met Police FC (near Esher) in the Cup - quite a tidy ground. Obviously not the same as following City, but it was nice to get a fix of live footy and will probably go back there for the visit of Tiverton on 14th Nov.

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have you completed the survey ahead of the parliamentary debate?

iscalad

Have you completed the survey ahead of the parliamentary debate?

Yep. Did it a while ago 😃

denzel

Talks in Scotland about the return of fans

Boyo

It wouldn't be, The non-fans in stadiums is not sport by sport, It is a ban on the whole "Outdoor Arena" sport, So in other words if A ban is lifted it won't be certain sports stadiums it would be the whole lot.
If we donated the money from the Watkins sale to the Tory party, I’m pretty sure we’d get an exemption on the rule. 💰

Status
Not open for further replies.