• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyo

With large parts of the country is various states of lockdown, it's difficult to see any reversal in the decision about fans in grounds for the foreseeable. Given the general direction of travel in terms of cases, you can't really argue against that position. Of course that doesn't stop the hypocrisy of allowing people into non-league grounds, or into the Royal Ablbert Hall.

Nigel E

I live in the Woking constituency (though not Woking itself). I wrote to my MP highlighting the anomaly that his constituents can't go to the Kingfield Stadium to see Woking play, but they can go there to watch the club's ground-sharing tenants - Sheerwater FC (who play in the Combined Counties Premier Division).

This is what he had to say:

"Thank you for contacting me about allowing fans back into National League Football grounds including Woking FC. I have read your email carefully and have noted the key points that you make.

I am very sympathetic to the thrust of what you say and please be assured that I have been working closely with both the leadership team at Woking FC and with other MPs to ensure that National League clubs are given the support and funding they so desperately need.

While there has been a commitment to play resuming in these historic leagues, in a viable way, I agree that it is disappointing that fans are not yet allowed back at league games. I am continuing to lobby Ministers hard behind the scenes for minimum restrictions to be imposed on attendance at football matches whilst still being commensurate with the public health threat at any given time. You may be interested to know that on behalf of Woking FC, I recently contributed to two letters to Nigel Huddleston MP, the Minister for Sport, and we were told in response that Ministers and the Football authorities were working at pace to design a package of support that would give National League clubs the reassurance they needed. I am very pleased that the Government has now provided £10million for National League clubs for the next three months and Woking FC is due to receive its fair share of that £10million grant pot.

Above all, I know that we all yearn for a near normal match-day experience for Woking FC’s loyal supporters as soon as possible and I will continue to lobby Government Ministers hard for these restrictions to be lifted.

With best wishes and thank you again for taking the time to contact me about these important matters".

I think he assumed I was a Woking fan, but no matter. Will be interesting to see if he contributes to the debate on the 9th.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see how the National League distribute that money. As it will be when the PL do their handout to L1 and L2.

Nigel E

It will. Big disparity between a club like Notts Co with 5000+ attendances, and a club like Hungerford that gets around 300 normally.

I guess the same is true of Sunderland in L1 vs say, Morecambe in L2.

You would think that attendances will be used as an important benchmark

Ashford Grecian

I will be off to Ashford Town Saturday - home to Whitstable Bay in The Trophy

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
National League have already started getting payouts. This from Alty.
Meanwhile we continue to get naff all.

Banksy

National League have already started getting payouts. This from Alty.
Meanwhile we continue to get naff all.
In all the excitement I can’t remember , but didn’t the EFL tell the PL to push off after the last offer? Maybe they’ve decided they’ve done enough by offering what they did pittance or not.And seemingly no help is forthcoming from Government.How long before the first league club goes bust anyone?
Perhaps this thread should be merged with the new SAD one!

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if a limited amount of supporters will be allowed into the FA Youth Cup which the qualifying rounds have already started.

It would be a ideal test event,with perhaps a crowd limit of 500 in the IP Stand ?
The competition rarely get near that figure for attendance at SJP from what I recall.

IBA

There is I think 50-50 chance that there will be no fans allowed at EFL matches until 2021/22 season

DB9

There is I think 50-50 chance that there will be no fans allowed at EFL matches until 2021/22 season
I think those odds are very generous. More like 90-10 we won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.