• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The 12th of Never !
But in the next words of the song Mike ... But that’s a long long time.

IndoMike

The 12th of Never !
But in the next words of the song Mike ... But that’s a long long time.
Hehe. Just playing..

Banksy

Hehe. Just playing..
I know you little rascal you......

IndoMike

I know you little rascal you......

That's what the missus says, only with a slight amendment : "You big rascal".

iscalad

20,000 watching football in Budapest tonight
A bayern fan was interviewed on Euronews.
"What Covid It's just flu like every year"
So that's alright then.

Banksy

A bayern fan was interviewed on Euronews.
"What Covid It's just flu like every year"
So that's alright then.
Yes , I expect those of us that are a bit older and more vulnerable will sleep easier knowing that.

Boyo

I'd be in favour of any PL bailout being in the form of loans, which would be re-payable over say the next 10 years. That's the only way to maintain the integrity of the competition moving forward, without penalising Clubs that have cash reserves. If we choose not to take a loan then we have no re-payment plan for the next 10 years. If Grimsby (who appear to have signed a lot of players this summer) need the cash now then they can have it, but the consequence is that they have to repay over the longer term.

Alistair20000

I'd be in favour of any PL bailout being in the form of loans, which would be re-payable over say the next 10 years. That's the only way to maintain the integrity of the competition moving forward, without penalising Clubs that have cash reserves. If we choose not to take a loan then we have no re-payment plan for the next 10 years. If Grimsby (who appear to have signed a lot of players this summer) need the cash now then they can have it, but the consequence is that they have to repay over the longer term.
Likely to be a lot of defaults on loans but I am in favour of the PL supporting football as a whole.

DB9

Likely to be a lot of defaults on loans but I am in favour of the PL supporting football as a whole.
For me Al, This should be a sort of "One off" help, If the PL has to start supporting football as a whole then they would be "Masters" of the whole game, Even more than they are now and the EFL would be beholden to them and they could put any ideas forward they liked.

Alistair20000

For me Al, This should be a sort of "One off" help, If the PL has to start supporting football as a whole then they would be "Masters" of the whole game, Even more than they are now and the EFL would be beholden to them and they could put any ideas forward they liked.
I agree it is a one off sticking plaster we are looking at here.

I won't kick off on football finance generally.

Reactions: DB9
Status
Not open for further replies.