• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecianstew

Time to pause, or even scrap the league season i think, maybe just play the cups to get them out of the way. I fear that if we continue without crowds we will scrape through to next April or so, by which time the virus will be subsiding with the warmer weather, a vaccine may have been found and distributed, some sort of herd immunity will have accidently developed by virtue of so many people being infected etc, all leading to crowds being let back in (albeit in reduced numbers)just as we complete the season and there will be no games to watch.
Pause league now, resume at Easter and hope for a whole summer of football with Crowds. Too bad about clashing with Euros, the Prem can carry on behind closed doors all winter without real hardship.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time to pause, or even scrap the league season i think, maybe just play the cups to get them out of the way. I fear that if we continue without crowds we will scrape through to next April or so, by which time the virus will be subsiding with the warmer weather, a vaccine may have been found and distributed, some sort of herd immunity will have accidently developed by virtue of so many people being infected etc, all leading to crowds being let back in (albeit in reduced numbers)just as we complete the season and there will be no games to watch.
Pause league now, resume at Easter and hope for a whole summer of football with Crowds. Too bad about clashing with Euros, the Prem can carry on behind closed doors all winter without real hardship.
Still going to have to pay the players or make them redundant. Breach of contract to consider.

No easy answers here

malcolms

Still going to have to pay the players or make them redundant. Breach of contract to consider.

No easy answers here
Yep, Alistair, sometimes its necessary to point out the obvious. Also, according to King Rishi, if they don't work 30% of their normal hours you wouldn't get any of his new money...

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Yep, Alistair, sometimes its necessary to point out the obvious. Also, according to King Rishi, if they don't work 30% of their normal hours you wouldn't get any of his new money...
good thing Stuart Fleetwood is no longer with us then......lazy b*stard.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And Bauza. So much talent, so little contribution.

Alistair20000

The Dish has no money Malcs. He gets it from us taxpayers.

Alistair20000

And sometimes Ryan Harley

malcolms

Allow me the poetic license Alistair...I'm trying to forget the consequences

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most of this money will actually come from the Magic Money Tree [(c) St Jeremy of Corbyn], not taxpayers.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most of this money will actually come from the Magic Money Tree [(c) St Jeremy of Corbyn], not taxpayers.
Can you buy one at plants galore

Status
Not open for further replies.