• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legohead

Banned
One things for sure, once normality returns, I bet we all forget about this period rather quickly

Hope the preparation is better for the next one, in another 100 years hopefully
Depends if dirty b******s keep on eating things they shouldn't be i guess. My guess is 15 years tops.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depends if dirty b******s keep on eating things they shouldn't be i guess. My guess is 15 years tops.
We've had international travel for decades now and this has only just happened... history says a big one every 100 years, question is - is covid it?

Grecian Max

I think they have mate... that food culture is millennia old

Alistair20000

We've had international travel for decades now and this has only just happened... history says a big one every 100 years, question is - is covid it?
So far at least it is not the big one.

Fareham Grecian

So far at least it is not the big one.
Two and a quarter million people have died. For someone I previously thought of as a faintly sensible poster, your covid denialism is really very stupid.

Reactions: WXF

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two and a quarter million people have died. For someone I previously thought of as a faintly sensible poster, your covid denialism is really very stupid.
Well I'm certainly not a Covid denier and every death everywhere is painful to someone's family, but I do wish people would use the statistics accurately and proportionately.

"Two and a quarter million people" sounds a lot but needs contextualising: about 60 million people died in 2020 worldwide, so Covid, horrendous as the numbers are, is definitely not the "big one" statistically. So far.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I'm certainly not a Covid denier and every death everywhere is painful to someone's family, but I do wish people would use the statistics accurately and proportionately.

"Two and a quarter million people" sounds a lot but needs contextualising: about 60 million people died in 2020 worldwide, so Covid, horrendous as the numbers are, is definitely not the "big one" statistically. So far.
Surely, it rather depends on your definition of ‘the big one’. I stand to be corrected, but can’t imagine there are many other things which have been responsible for a global upturn in deaths of circa three per cent.

Legohead

Banned
Ludicrous post.

How is Ali a Covid denier? He's simply pointing out that Covid, in the grand scheme of things and considering there are worse viruses out there such as ebola, isn't as bad as it could have been and i agree. That's not saying that Covid doesn't exist, it's saying that it could have been far, far worse despite the obvious tragedy of the number of deaths that there have been.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely, it rather depends on your definition of ‘the big one’. I stand to be corrected, but can’t imagine there are many other things which have been responsible for a global upturn in deaths of circa three per cent.
There have been many. Several much, much worse.

And that's without including political purges (Stalin, Mao) or the Holocaust.

Alistair20000

An unworthy post FG.

As Egg says it depends on your definition of the "big one." I would categorise the Spanish flu of Post WW1 as a "big one." I would happily accept John William's posts 1,086 & 1,089 as my reply to you.

I am not a Covid denialist either. It exists, it is nasty and I do not much fancy getting it but the survival rate in the UK. is around 97% of reported cases so in practice it is a bit less lethal than that as many cases do not get reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.