• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
If as is likely there will be restrictions to away supporters next season,I will be “bouncing”in the St James Rd end 😎😁 I went in there for the FGR game & enjoyed the experience.

Legohead

Banned
I'll go where the most space is. I was anti social and social distancing deliberately at the footy before social distancing became a thing and i ain't gonna stop now! :LOL:

Spoonz Red E

If as is likely there will be restrictions to away supporters next season,I will be “bouncing”in the St James Rd end 😎😁 I went in there for the FGR game & enjoyed the experience.
Don't forget to duck when Archie Collins shoots. ;)
#TheCrossbarWillProtectYou

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

WXF

As a nation that is a hub for international travel, more than any other European country it's a tough task. Zero covid, or the "NZ" model was never going happen here. Pragmatic decisions have to be made, and I can totally understand why they made that choice to delay the second dose.
The Government wasn't pragmatic, but short-termist, amateur and naïve. There has never been a trade off between protecting public health or the economy - the two are inextricably linked. All the talk evoking bull dog spirit in adversity and controlling our borders, yet when a real threat was posed to the nation and there was a compelling reason to close the borders, our Government's rhetoric was exposed as hollow.

The geography of the UK and the Republic of Ireland left us well placed to deal with the COVID threat. There are numerous positive examples from East Asia and Oceania that could have been drawn upon.

Instead our Government complacently and irresponsibly rejected the example of many of these countries and decided to keep the borders open, to stop testing and, for us to live with the virus, thereby leading to far greater economic and social cost. It has consistently ignored advice of many of its own health advisors, who have often watered down their recommendations to better suit the political whims of the Government, in order that they be more likely acted upon. Delaying the second dose of vaccinations is further evidence of its incompetence, as it helps create the conditions for new and resistant COVID strains to spread.

The 2010s were the UK's first lost decade of per capita productivity and wage growth since the 1860s, and we may now be heading for a second lost decade - one after another. One of the Government's few saving graces is that our opposition has been so feeble and lacked the vision to articulate the policies that would have lead to significant change. We have been failed by political leaders who lack the imagination or sufficient interest in keeping us safe. We suffer from a poorer quality of political leaders thanks to the low regard that politicians in general are rightly held in. We need to better cherish the public service ethos. We need more honesty and accountability. The toleration of white middle class Oxbridge educated men, who make it all up as they go along, needs to end. We need to demand and are entitled to better.

Grecian Max

WXF - that’s a big post but I was actually only specifically talking about the delay in second dose choice. I agree with the rest...

Grecian Max

Specifically on that thread - what would you have done regarding the second dose? Given the supplies and set up challenges of a mass vaccination drive. It’s the same amount of vaccines to work with over the period of time, so you’d give less people more protection as opposed to more people less protection? I’m not saying either is the correct answer btw.

Will give credit where it’s due for the speedy approval process though, it gave the UK a head start - we’re now seeing an EU kickback today as it’s a bit of a PR disaster for them.

Also for more context, yes I voted remain....

Grecian Max

I also agree that the Asian nations did well - there are bigger reasons for that are pretty obvious. Previous and recent experience, authoritarian governments in places and obedient societies elsewhere (Japan). It’s not black and and white like anyone on Twitter would have you believe.

But yes, let’s bring the discussion back round to Eton again

Grecian Max

Obviously this is going off piste again. apologies for that.

So yeh, full crowds won’t happen until 22/23 IMO. Wonder what the clubs plans are - difficult to predict of course but I hope we are planned for a worse case scenario.

dommers

Delaying the second dose of vaccinations is further evidence of its incompetence, as it helps create the conditions for new and resistant COVID strains to spread.
Only time will tell about this? If you've got 100,000 vaccinations and give everyone 1 vaccination then they might be protected or might not. If you give 50,000 2 doses and 50,000 none then we can guarantee 50,000 will be unprotected and can spread and create new strains and the other 50,000 might be protected. In addition all the evidence from other vaccines is that if you can wait longer you are likely to get a better response from the second vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.