• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I took delivery of Any Away...
By which i mean And Away...

Banksy

The Scarlet Thief .Paul Fraser Collard. Lowly redcoat rogue from the London slums pinches the identity of a deceased officer and fights in the Crimean war. Think Sharpe , no perhaps not……

StroudGrecian

Just finished a couple of Robert Heinlein novels - The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Citizen of the Galaxy

Now started Consider Phlebas by Iain M Banks, which I've heard a lot of good things about.

manc grecian

The breath of sadness. By Ian Ridley. About his wife's death from cancer and how he watches county cricket to help come to terms with his grief.

Very heavy, very dusty but beautifully written.

iscalad

Just finished a couple of Robert Heinlein novels - The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Citizen of the Galaxy

Now started Consider Phlebas by Iain M Banks, which I've heard a lot of good things about.
The next one Player of Games is excellent. The whole Culture series is a good read.
If you haven't read it, Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein is superb.

Swanaldo

The next one Player of Games is excellent. The whole Culture series is a good read.
What was the one with the city gradually being exposed by a receding waterfall? I want to read it again but can't remember what it was called.

I'm a big fan of Banksie's mainstream work, but have only really dipped my toe into his SciFi oeuvre.

iscalad

What was the one with the city gradually being exposed by a receding waterfall? I want to read it again but can't remember what it was called.

I'm a big fan of Banksie's mainstream work, but have only really dipped my toe into his SciFi oeuvre.
Don't think that was the plot, sorry. It was a long time ago that I read it.

Banksy

Can confirm Consider Phlebas is a great read.Part of the Culture series.

Antony Moxey

Stephen Hawking: A Brief History of Time. Basically confirms just how thick you thought you really were. May need to revisit this a number of times to properly get it, especially the quantum stuff and time bending stuff. Still, we all like a challenge, eh?

Red & White

S C Gwynne: Empire of the summer moon. The history of the rise and fall of the comanche tribe during the war with the white settlers of western america.