• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Prow Beast Robert Low.Fourth in the Orme Viking saga.Excellent as usual , one more in the series to go.
On another note , I hope Stuffy who used to post fairly regularly on this thread is o.k.I’ve not seen him around since before Christmas.

iscalad

Millennium Rule series by Trudi Canavan.
If you like fantasy about magic and good characterisation, I recommend Trudi, an excellent writer of some interesting series of books.

geoffwp

I'm off for a week in the van and have picked up, again, Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, Robert Persig's exploration of the nature of quality. I wonder if I can get any further with my understanding this time.🤔
I think what brings me back time and again is the discussions he has about the repair and maintenance of his motorcycle but I'm wondering if there might be an easier way for me to read that sort of thing! I usually get halfway through his trip before my brain goes into overload and begins smoking. Its a book worth another try though and I'll start it again the way I support city, not with expectation but in hope.

Avening Posse

Troy - Stephen Fry

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Troy - Stephen Fry
Who's that about then ? Brown or Archibald-Henville ?

Rosencrantz

Record, Play, Pause by Stephen Morris. A first volume of memoirs covering childhood up to the death of Ian Curtis and the decision to carry on as New Order. A good read, amusing and self deprecating from a self confessed weird personality although the quieter and quirkier member of the group. Not often a book tells of growing up in Macclesfield in such whimsical fashion although certainly not through sepia specs.

Looking forward to volume two which I'm waiting for in paperback later this year.

Banksy

Last of the Ten Fighter Boys. Jimmy Corbin.
Jimmy Corbin , Battle of Britain pilot who won the DFC , the book charts his early life before the outbreak of war in 1939 and describes how an ordinary working class boy from Maidstone was propelled into the war as a pilot with just a couple of dozen hours flying experience. Then after that on to the battle for Africa.A great read.

Banksy

Shield of Thunder. David Gemmell .Second in the Troy series written shortly before the author’s tragic early death.Typical Gemmell , well written and exciting .I really miss his fantasy books.

LOG

I took delivery of Any Away... by Bob Mortimer yesterday. I'm not far in but what i've read has been excellent. There was one particular bit that had me crying with laughter.

angelic upstart

I'm reading the first Flashman book at the minute. It's like a history lesson, and it's a great read.