• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Legohead

Banned
Just a question. Do you good folk often have a few books on the go at once or do you just read one book until the end before starting another? I'm finding I like to have two or three books to dip in and out of until they are finished.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a question. Do you good folk often have a few books on the go at once or do you just read one book until the end before starting another? I'm finding I like to have two or three books to dip in and out of until they are finished.
Too confusing for an old duffer like me.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not two fiction books in tandem Lego , but I’ll quite often read one fiction novel and be dipping into a factual at the same time. My problem is I’m a compulsive book buyer although to be fair most are cheap charity shop buys. I sometimes have a splurge on Amazon for non fiction stuff which I pick at whilst reading a novel. These tend to be second hand too.At least with all these C19 goings on I’m catching up on my books a bit and the charity shops will benefit too when I can hand them back .

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah I do that and have done for years.

Legohead

Banned
Yeah I do that and have done for years.
Ah good Billy. Just thought it was just me being weird. Lol

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ping-pong eh?
Ping pong indeed and all manner of other stuff :ROFLMAO:

I prefer one book at a time otherwise I find myself abandoning the less interesting one altogether.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
One book at a time although I occasionally peruse some on the retained shelf: 'Behind Closed Doors' by Laurence Rees has a pretty harrowing account of the Katyn massacre and the Soviet post WW2 occupation Buchenwald (NKVD Camp No2) concentration camp.

'The Insider' by Piers Morgan who dishes the dirt on friends, foes and friends soon to become Foes.

A biography on Edward, The Black Prince.

contrabombarde

The Boys Country Book...John Moore. 1955 edition.

My bible as a child..loved those times and all the adventures beckoning. Great nostalgia.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just starting The colour of Football, The story of one of our ex players Steve Stacey 71-73.
A little bit before my time at SJP but sure some remember him playing.

GJW

Just starting The colour of Football, The story of one of our ex players Steve Stacey 71-73.
A little bit before my time at SJP but sure some remember him playing.
Way before my time too but was a good book to read, especially about his time in Bristol. Have bought the Theo Foley book to read when I finish the 6 I’ve got lined up before that.