• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We're the richest club in the country"

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
If everyone on here is to be believed he's been pulling the wool over our eyes for years, and is still getting away with it. Seems he's brighter that we are collectively... :D
Given that you seem to have morphed into an arse licker since becoming involved, i'm not sure whether you're after a lttle ego boosting whoosh or not.

Care to elaborate?

Alistair20000

The only query I have here is the total turnover number.

The last number i saw was £2.3m for last season (as of August reporting).

I doubt if this has improved - so a budget f £1.2m would be close to the 55%.

But I can't see how the playing budget being much more than £1.1m but this is all guesswork anyway...

As for debt free? Behave...
Has turnover really dropped back that low Adam ? I see from the accounts to 31 May 2011 that we mushrooms were allowed to see that the turnover for the year ended 31 May 2010 was £3.544 million and for 31 May 2011 £3.385 million. I believe at the 2011 AGM Andy Cole indicated that turnover was not a problem and the one off boost from the Liverpool game must have helped. Do you know the turnover figure in the accounts to 31 May 2012 and if so would you tell us what it was please ?

Was the £2.3m for 2012/3 the projection for the year ended 31 May 2013 ?

Last edited:

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
With respect Taggy, the fact that there is no back-up in case of financial emergency is partly down those at the club charged with bringing in unbudgeted monies. The club should revert back to what it was it good at some years ago, we should have reverted back some time ago but better late than never.

We need bucket shakers, recycled cans, recycled clothing/material, selling old merchandise, fundraising events, and all that malarky. In the grand scheme of things i don't give two ****s about Brazil, it detracts from what we are trying to do (unless there is a lot of money in it for us but I haven't heard), and I wish the club would stop bleating on about it and focus on our future before we end up in ****-creak again.

Before some smartass goes "well if its that easy why don't you do join the BOS and do something about it", I run my own business and hold down a second job too, I simply don't have the time, but surely out there some people do, certainly the ones that are salaried to do so

Alistair20000

With respect Taggy, the fact that there is no back-up in case of financial emergency is partly down those at the club charged with bringing in unbudgeted monies. The club should revert back to what it was it good at some years ago, we should have reverted back some time ago but better late than never.

We need bucket shakers, recycled cans, recycled clothing/material, selling old merchandise, fundraising events, and all that malarky. In the grand scheme of things i don't give two ****s about Brazil, it detracts from what we are trying to do (unless there is a lot of money in it for us but I haven't heard), and I wish the club would stop bleating on about it and focus on our future before we end up in ****-creak again.

Before some smartass goes "well if its that easy why don't you do join the BOS and do something about it", I run my own business and hold down a second job too, I simply don't have the time, but surely out there some people do, certainly the ones that are salaried to do so
In principle you are right but there is not much point in raising more money if it is just poured into the black hole.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
In principle you are right but there is not much point in raising more money if it is just poured into the black hole.
Hear hear, I certainly won't contribute to any fundraising anymore, while the like of tagg are stealing a wage. Am sure there's plenty others who feel the same.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has turnover really dropped back that low Adam ? I see from the accounts to 31 May 2011 that we mushrooms were allowed to see that the turnover for the year ended 31 May 2010 was £3.544 million and for 31 May 2011 £3.385 million. I believe at the 2011 AGM Andy Cole indicated that turnover was not a problem and the one off boost from the Liverpool game must have helped. Do you know the turnover figure in the accounts to 31 May 2012 and if so would you tell us what it was please ?

Was the £2.3m for 2012/3 the projection for the year ended 31 May 2013 ?
The £2.3m was for the year ending in may 2013.

The last numbers I have for 2011/12 was £3.07m. I don't have the final numbers for that season as they were being worked on for audit when I moved on..

The Liverpool income would've helped the reduced gates we were seeing as people started to vote with their feet..

Bed Taker

This is embarrassing comment made by an obvious idiot. What a ridiculous thing to say. There would be nothing positive in return to a comment as even the substance of the article is not true either.

Richest club in the country. Ha.
My Saturday team I play for is £2,000 in the black, own the pitch they play on and have very low overheads. They must technically be richer.

Incontinentia

Embarrassing but also hilarious. Love the picture the BBC have chosen to illustrate the opulent wealth and glamour of SJP! Shame they couldn't get a magnificent, sweeping vista of the away end, but I suppose they didn't want to upset the suits at the Bernabéu by rubbing their noses in it.

suffolklad

All in all I can see why people are uptight about what seems like a very embarrassing bit of journalism. But 1/. That is what it is, journalism. 2/. Embarrassing certainly, especially when you put the comments against the photos. BUT 3/. Hilarious. Just look at the funny side guys, Hence my previous comments of a whoosh. What the article said against what it appeared to do and everyone's comments and how they "bit" I have to say I find just simply the best joke ever

malcolms

All in all I can see why people are uptight about what seems like a very embarrassing bit of journalism. But 1/. That is what it is, journalism. 2/. Embarrassing certainly, especially when you put the comments against the photos. BUT 3/. Hilarious. Just look at the funny side guys, Hence my previous comments of a whoosh. What the article said against what it appeared to do and everyone's comments and how they "bit" I have to say I find just simply the best joke ever
You're assuming that this was meant as "a joke" rather than a serious attempt to "spin" the situation. Either way, the BBC have chosen to take the **** out of the club by showing the worst possible view of the ground to illustrate the ludicrous nature of the claim.