• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

wembley sunday 28th

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you (or anyone) know whether you can get on this train with a super off peak return ticket?
That's what I'm travelling on on said train.

Dubai Grecian

It's not looking good. Possibly no flights tomorrow either. Fingers crossed for expat fans arriving via B.A.
Good old BA, doing their best to ruin the weekend....but we made it to Heathrow.

Cant wait for tmw

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any news? Seems that there are now no flights today.
Luckily, although it was a BA flight it was on an Iberia plane and we were allowed to fly under the Iberia umbrella so we eventually flew although the 12 hour journey to Kent at my brother's place was more like going to Indonesia than London. I know a few people were kind enough to enquire how I was getting on and my battery died yesterday with all the frantic (non) activity so I wasn't able to post on here.

Just got back home in Spain and will have five hours sleep now before getting up tomorrow. There were some great things today: catching up with Grecian friends I hadn't seen for a long time, seeing the new Wembley for the first time - and while the atmosphere is not the best it is ten times better than the old Wembley was, Wheeler's goal, some fantastic defending by Troy Brown who was magnificent for me, some intelligent passing by Ryan (as ever). Don't have time to read everyone else's thoughts right now, will do that tomorrow, but my take on this is basically that Blackpool defended very well today and took their chances, and I fully expect them to at least survive in League One, and if Ollie Watkins hadn't had one of his worst games in a CIty shirt it could have been different. I don't blame him, he is young, and after the fifth lay off to a Blackpool defender I actually started to feel really sorry for him.

I did just watch Tis's post match interview and the dejection is writtten all over his face, poor guy.

I had a great time by and large today and I would do it all again.

Roll on next season!