• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well Done Edinburgh City FC

Heysham Mike

Edinburgh City FC - well done to them in defeating East Stirling on aggregate in the play offs this afternoon, and thus they become the capital's third senior club next season, (along with Hearts and Hibernian), as they take their place in the Scottish League.

Ironically, they play at the Meadowbank Stadium, once home to Scottish League Meadowbank Thistle, who then upped sticks and moved lock stock and barrel to Livingston - becoming Livingston FC.

Meadowbank Thistle had to change their name from Ferranti Thistle on joining the Scottish League, who would not approve a sponsor's name being included in the club name - Ferranti.

What of East Stirling? Without a ground of their own (they share at Stenhousemuir), and poorly supported, you have to fear for their future in the world of Scottish non-league football.

I'm really glad I visited their old ground in Falkirk - Firs Park - in the early 1980s, before they eventually left the town for Stenhousemuir.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seen it on SpN HQ two men and a dog in attendance.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There's only one ECFC!

Oldsmobile-88

A shame The Shire have dropped out of Scottish Senior football..I have made a couple of pilgrimages to Firs Park to see them play..On a midweek trip from Exeter I arrived at the ground at 6.45pm to be told the game was in doubt !..Lucky enough the ref was made of stern stuff,plus he did not want Berwick to do a return trip (which is a longish one for Scottish football..

Seen them play at Stenny as well..They managed to lose against a lowly Scottish Junior team in that one.

A sad time for the few Shire fans around Falkirk plus the ones in England like myself.

Colesman Ballz

There's only one ECFC!
Actually there are quite few, Ely City FC and Easington Colliery FC spring readily to mind, as ones that I discovered when I did a bit of research on the subject a good few years ago.

Actually we benefit from this as no other bu@@er can copyright it as a trademark, and litigious companies like French Connection can't stop us using ec**** for example ! :)

Colesman Ballz

Although it appears that Exeweb has just stopped me automatically ! (facepalm)

fred binneys head

Elgin City too.

Max Payne 2

Remember Angus McPherson anyone? Angus where's yer troosers? Manager of Queen's Park in Scottish League Two. Just got promoted through the playoffs after finishing 4th.