• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well Done Chiefs

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a dynasty. Remember Rob's dad - John, playing at the County Ground. His uncle Paul, also played front row for the Chiefs.

Just as an aside, Paul Baxter managed our primary school football team, and took us to SJP for the Exeter school's final. As with Paul Reaney that season, I had to miss out on the final due to a broken leg, so never managed to grace the hallowed turf ! We lost to Ladysmith :(
Not forgetting Rob's brother Rich, who was still a player when the Chiefs reached the Premiership.

BTW, our school lost in the semi-finals. :cry:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would that be in the same way Chiefs' fans are fully behind our football team? Of course there are some who follow both sports but for those who don't one side is no better or worse than the other.
Exactly the same way. IF we ever won anything there would be those across town saying " Bah, hate chavball".

However it would be much better if we shook hands and agreed to collectively despise those green tw@s.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter Chiefs lock Jonny Hill wins his first and long overdue cap against Italy on Saturday. Henry Slade (outside centre) also makes the side.

Other Chiefs players in line for caps are Tomas Francis who starts at tight-head for Wales While Stuart Hogg (full back) and Jonny Gray (lock) line up for Scotland.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter Chiefs lock Jonny Hill wins his first and long overdue cap against Italy on Saturday. Henry Slade (outside centre) also makes the side.

Other Chiefs players in line for caps are Tomas Francis who starts at tight-head for Wales While Stuart Hogg (full back) and Jonny Gray (lock) line up for Scotland.
Neither Simmonds's in the squad at all looks like Eddie Jones being obstinate in the face of media views.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

They must all be a bit tired.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly the same way. IF we ever won anything there would be those across town saying " Bah, hate chavball".

However it would be much better if we shook hands and agreed to collectively despise those green tw@s.
I find it a bit odd to be honest, don’t remember Liam Tancock winning medals and football/rugby fans declaring they didn’t care as they don’t like Swimming.

LOG

I don't particularly follow rugby or the Chiefs but i find it a bit difficult to understand why people wouldn't be at least a little bit proud of our home city's club being both domestic and European champions.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't particularly follow rugby or the Chiefs but i find it a bit difficult to understand why people wouldn't be at least a little bit proud of our home city's club being both domestic and European champions.
Very well said, Lionel.

elginCity

Remembering County Ground days - only a couple of hundred or so would turn up. Professional era Chiefs now attract far bigger crowds, and City no longer top dog spectator sport in the city breeds resentment in some Grecians. Sadly.

fred binneys head

If I hear Exeter mentioned on the weather report I cheer. Some people need more pride in where they're from.