• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Tom Parkes

Ash

If he plays next to Aaron Martin, with Sweeney and Moxey at full back, we'll have a massive line up at the back next season. Won't happen though.

Stelios

Welcome Tom (y)

Big League 2 centre half with promotion experience. What's not to like? Bring on next season.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems highly rated at Carlise good luck Tom....Like the way MT is targeting proven players at a good age (y)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've needed to have more physicality for years. I can recall numerous occasions when we've been bullied and beaten by teams no better than us, just stronger, aka Lincoln at home last season.

The standard in league 2 is fairly basic. Get a strong, organised team and you won't go too wrong. Add a few flair players to the mix and you'll get promoted.

Sounds easier than it is but Taylor knows this is the way out of L2. Tisdale always over complicated things.

MerleyRed

Yay, that was my tip off.
My first reaction would be to bandage it, not post on Exeweb.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a good old fashion centre half to me - good age - looks a promising signing - welcome Tom

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a good old fashion centre half to me - good age - looks a promising signing - welcome Tom
He does look a bit of a unit in some of the pictures I have seen, though nothing like some of the players we've come up against. Interesting that he seems to have been first-choice and played most of the games for most of his recent clubs yet has still moved around quite a lot.

grecIAN Harris

Matt Taylor finally signing a reincarnation of himself in his playing days only with the added refinement of being half decent on the ball.

andrew p long

What do we think of his conviction in 2016 for drink driving, aggravated vehicle taking and driving without insurance?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
What do we think of his conviction in 2016 for drink driving, aggravated vehicle taking and driving without insurance?
We think he's been convicted, served whatever punishment was dished out, hopefully learnt from it, and we welcome him with open arms.