• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
'Stubbs is not yet ready to play for City after undergoing knee surgery in December, but is not far off making his Exeter City debut, and the manager believes he will play a vital role from the off.
“I am certain we will see his value in the next month or so when he is ready to play. We have 25 games left this season and he will be really important in that period."'
[Club site]
I thought I'd heard something like 'he's three weeks away' before...

(the above was from January)

Arthur Davey

I thought I'd heard something like 'he's three weeks away' before...

(the above was from January)
Quite; a bleddy long thrree weeks, sure 'nuff 😏

Oliver

Have I got this right, Sam had a knee operation last October 2020 which I assume was successful but has left him with fluid on the knee which wont go away. The fluid would be there for a reason surely to protect an injury and suggests that there is still a problem with his knee.
This post is written in complete ignorance of the severity of certain knee operations, but am just wondering whether, if he comes back too soon, he will ever be the same player as he was before as in his position he will have to expect to make a lot of tackles and could be on his mind that after such a long lay off he would not want to go through all that again.

LOG

There's a pic on the ECFC facebook page of a mysterious character in training wearing number 5.

rooecfc

There's a pic on the ECFC facebook page of a mysterious character in training wearing number 5.
that’s our new signing george ray...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
George Ray?

LOG

that’s our new signing george ray...
Ha, fair enough :ROFLMAO:

suffolklad

So what's the latest on Stubbs? is he fit to start the season or not? Think we ought to know

Banksy

So what's the latest on Stubbs? is he fit to start the season or not? Think we ought to know
Just the fear by some on here suffolklad that he might become the new Ajose given that our manager has gone awfully quiet again on the situation .Nowhere to be seen and not a squeak I’m afraid.
Might suddenly surprise us and be named as a sub in the depths of November.

Alistair20000

Norfolk enchants