• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope this works out...signing injury prone players is something we really should of stayed clear of over the years..signing one that’s already injured FFS 🤦‍♂️
I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s ‘injury prone’. He’s had one injury which we’re obviously confident will be resolved by the operation and decent rehab.

Time will tell, but I think he will be a fine player for us.

grecianstew

Time will tell, but I think he will be a fine player for us.
Seems a widely held opinion on here. Though with just 9 league appearances to his name ( I may be corrected, but i think his 17 Notts County appearances were Conference) i wonder where this conclusion has come from?

rooecfc

Seems a widely held opinion on here. Though with just 9 league appearances to his name ( I may be corrected, but i think his 17 Notts County appearances were Conference) i wonder where this conclusion has come from?
His notts county appearances were in league two. If you remember Ryan Bowman’s red card away at notts county one of the bookings was for a tackle on Stubbs.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. And while I think the optimism is understandable, it was when Ajose signed...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
back to top...

its now March..we have an injury/suspension crisis at centre back...

ExmouthMart

back to top...

He’s got two and a half years to get fit. Maybe there’s an issue with the type of training pitch or he’s prone to tiredness.......

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s got two and a half years to get fit. Maybe there’s an issue with the type of training pitch or he’s prone to tiredness.......
When I brought up the fact that we seemed to make a thing of signing injury prone players a few weeks back several people took issue with it and seemed a little hurt with that revolutionary idea.I’m not saying anything else controversial now , other than it would be nice to get Stubbs in action this season rather than next.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
back to top...

Not sure you can call it a crisis when we have 5 centre backs still available, although admittedly 3 of those 5 have started the sum total of 2 league games.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I brought up the fact that we seemed to make a thing of signing injury prone players a few weeks back several people took issue with it and seemed a little hurt with that revolutionary idea.I’m not saying anything else controversial now , other than it would be nice to get Stubbs in action this season rather than next.
I wasn't hurt by the suggestion I just didn't think it was particularly accurate. Of all the players Matt Taylor has signed only two have arrived with a long-term injury and one of those players, Nigel Atangana, appears to be fully fit now.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what KMT was saying last week today should be Sam's first day of training with the first team after recuperation (along with one Randy Williams)