• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Bridgy 81

He's nowhere near being fit. September at least before he is selectable.
Out of interest, why is that?
I appreciate he’s had an injury chequered career to date and I know he has a recurring issue with his knee, but when he’s been off since May what’s the problem come August?

milts

Ridiculous situation

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ridiculous situation
Sadly , his injuries do seem to be never ending. I’d hoped we’d get a fair number of starts out of him this season but I begin to doubt it , which is a pity because he’s a big part of our plans.
Situations like this make the squad start to look pretty bare , Nombe’s is obviously similar.

SaintJames

I appreciate he’s had an injury chequered career to date and I know he has a recurring issue with his knee, but when he’s been off since May what’s the problem come August?
It's a tad worrying. I think the club need to wait and assess whether they should offer him an extension to his contract beyond this season if his injury assessment isnt good

Avening Posse

Without a doubt we are a stronger team with a fit Stubbs, but for balance we got promoted last season without him playing all season

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without a doubt we are a stronger team with a fit Stubbs, but for balance we got promoted last season without him playing all season
But our defensive record and PPG significantly improved after his introduction to the team.

elginCity

May 7th v PV title decider he appeared to get injured quite early and played on before being subbed much later. Perhaps there's now regret in the camp that he wasn't hooked a lot earlier..

Avening Posse

But our defensive record and PPG significantly improved after his introduction to the team.
Yep undoubtably, but last season showed it’s not be all and end all if he’s out the team for periods

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep undoubtably, but last season showed it’s not be all and end all if he’s out the team for periods
For the first half of last season we looked like play-off contenders at best; after Christmas we were by far the best team in the division. There were many reasons for that transformation but Sam Stubbs was clearly a key one.

Banksy

For the first half of last season we looked like play-off contenders at best; after Christmas we were by far the best team in the division. There were many reasons for that transformation but Sam Stubbs was clearly a key one.
Which makes it even more worrying if he spends the season not completely match fit , especially with our pared down squad.