• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

SaintJames

Massive shame because he’s probably our best player when he’s fit. But he will probably leave on a free at the end of the season after 2.5 years here and he’s only played 22 league games.
But what an impact he had in those games. Those headed goals will live long in the memory and he was a significant part of our promotion

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Massive shame because he’s probably our best player when he’s fit. But he will probably leave on a free at the end of the season after 2.5 years here and he’s only played 22 league games.
Be interesting to see where he ends up.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be interesting to see where he ends up.
It is a shame , great hopes for League One after his super , if limited , performances last season. But this season looks a damp squib with only rare appearances if any , and we really don’t need passengers now given our financial position. Sadly , our excursions into the world of speculating on inured players hasn’t for the most part worked out too well. Let’s hope the new manager isn’t prone to it.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am still hopeful Stubbs will recover and be able to play some part this season. It is such a shame when a player of genuine quality suffers so much with injuries.

He’ll be alright now the grounds are getting softer apparently.

andrew p long

He’ll be alright now the grounds are getting softer apparently.
I'm optimistic about that too. Stubbs had a good run post Christmas with softer grounds. Bring on the rain!

fred binneys head

We need a Danny Bailey rain dance.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm optimistic about that too. Stubbs had a good run post Christmas with softer grounds. Bring on the rain!
Tell you what - I'll book a holiday. Guaranteed to make it rain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tell you what - I'll book a holiday. Guaranteed to make it rain.
Save your money, I'll get the bbq out of the shed.

milts

He’s back on the grass according to GC.