• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Worse kept secret ever!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
"I like to defend". That will be music to Matt's ears :). He looks a strong lad who attacks the ball with a bit of quality on the ball from those clips. Hopefully we can see him on the pitch soon demonstrating those strengths.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
"I like to defend". That will be music to Matt's ears :). He looks a strong lad who attacks the ball with a bit of quality on the ball from those clips. Hopefully we can see him on the pitch soon demonstrating those strengths.
I expect him to start on Saturday, not sure in place if who though, Sweeney?

Grecianpasty

I expect him to start on Saturday, not sure in place if who though, Sweeney?
My understanding is that he isn't match fit and is still in recovery. Late February if things go to plan.

Reactions: Egg

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that he isn't match fit and is still in recovery. Late February if things go to plan.
I guess this only goes to show how quickly things can change, but on December 19, Joey Barton said Stubbs would be out for 'at least six to eight weeks'.

By my reckoning, in a best-case scenario, that takes us to the beginning of next month and that's before you consider he's been self-isolating for 10 days. I'd have thought it's inconceivable he'll be involved on Saturday and altogether more likely it'll be another month or so before he's ready to start games.

jimbo-gould

Fleetwood fans haven’t reacted to the announcement to kindly on Twitter. Always a good sign.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood fans haven’t reacted to the announcement to kindly on Twitter. Always a good sign.
I tried to search for their Fans Forum but couldn't find it. Maybe they don't have one.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I tried to search for their Fans Forum but couldn't find it. Maybe they don't have one.
Me too. It seems they rely on Facebook and Twitter.