• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Josh Coley - our new No. 31

SaintJames

Possibly going to turn out as one of our greatest ever enigmas I think. Looks for all the world like he has talent to burn but I fear that talent may never be fully achieved as so damn unpredicatable. I find it telling that Matt extended all our younger players down to longer deals. However, Josh is in his last year and no sign of an extension. I'm not sure matt knows whether to stick or twist with Coley

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Possibly going to turn out as one of our greatest ever enigmas I think. Looks for all the world like he has talent to burn but I fear that talent may never be fully achieved as so damn unpredicatable. I find it telling that Matt extended all our younger players down to longer deals. However, Josh is in his last year and no sign of an extension. I'm not sure matt knows whether to stick or twist with Coley
I think it's just about finding the correct way to get the best out of him. His best performance so far came against Rovers in the PizzaPot last season where, iirc, he played as part of a front three. His movement and pace was electric and Rovers had no idea what to do with him.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We took him from National League, he only played a bit part in League Two and has played a few games up a level yet again. It's no wonder he might struggle. Time will tell.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

STURTZ

I think a good move for Coley, certainly not the answer to our striker shortage as touted on here, lacks composure.

However, given the size of our squad I am a little surprised by this move,

Last edited:

Red red

I understand sending out on loan. But we have been told so many times we have a paper thin squad we get one in and send one out. Why have not got more in

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
The Devon live article mentioned we were looking at bringing someone else in last night. The context we need is was that stansfield or someone else? And has that deal been done and to be announced later today or what was the reason for it failing? If it has failed unfortunately not sure we will get a clear answer on that with specifics.

if no one comes in and we either get effective free agents or are lucky with our attacking players staying fit we maybe ok but it is a gamble imo to not be able to use coley for minimum 4 months.

Number13

Unbelievable deal
We give him a new contract so its not a "loan to get rid deal" so it mkes no sense. Not even a loan up a division to see if he can cut it
Weve still got two Papa Johns games to fill teams for and he would have been a good body for that if nothing else. You watch someone important get injured in one of them now because we have let him go

iscalad

Unbelievable deal
We give him a new contract so its not a "loan to get rid deal" so it mkes no sense. Not even a loan up a division to see if he can cut it
Weve still got two Papa Johns games to fill teams for and he would have been a good body for that if nothing else. You watch someone important get injured in one of them now because we have let him go
Makes perfect sense. Has dropped 2 places in the pecking order, needs game time, which he won't get here.

denzel

Unbelievable deal
I'm sure he'd rather be playing league football than filling in in the Papa John's.
Let's hope he can get into the Harrogate side!