• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Josh Coley - our new No. 31

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve seen him a few times on BT sports scored a really
good goal in there win at Wrexham and has plenty of pace
and skill.
Looks a decent signing.
Yes. I hope he is. Looks promising. Time will tell.

andrew p long

I like what I see in the video clips, particularly the attitude when he loses the ball. Would fit into our style of play.

On the fee I would hope and expect its not very much. Signed on a free transfer 12 months ago. Previously released, no one has ever paid a fee for him before. Lots of Championship sides releasing promising youngsters available for nothing where instead we could do a Ward/Williams type deal (free transfer but chunky % sell on)

(PS he is going to have to be impressive quickly if we are to make money out of selling him on. He's 22 and will be available for free when his 2 year deal expires)

Last edited:

DawlishBouy

Sent off twice last season? takes some doing as a winger! Is there a story/explanation?
For one red card he was being pushed and shoved from behind and then kicked to the ground and as he fell he lashed out at the player who fouled him. The other was a mistimed tackle that prevented a clear cut scoring opportunity.
youtube videos:
P8j16XiIrJU 5min 17 sec
vEzzgO7ETRg 4min 7sec

Grecian Max

I was referring to a couple of posts where people said it was "a great signing" and an "exciting" signing. We hope that will be true, but there is little evidence yet to support that. I prefer to wait and see.
I have already agreed that this bloke is worth a punt.
I think there is plenty of evidence to support the idea that it's an exciting signing.

Also, it's not as if he's from the depths of the non league, it's one league below - a league that we know a lot about and we know has a lot of players capable at a higher level. As I said, if this is the level of the 1931 signing, then for me that is the most exciting one we've had since the scheme started - the lad has been playing, scoring and creating in the first team.

The right type of profile too. Clearly not a "difference maker" in the terms MT set out either so more to come.

Grecian Max

(PS he is going to have to be impressive quickly if we are to make money out of selling him on. He's 22 and will be available for free when his 2 year deal expires)
I would think first and foremost, the idea is that he will do well for us rather than anything else. The probably % sell on for Maidenhead is likely a carrot on stick to shave some £ off the asking price. Could happen though, JR (1 year younger) had interest after a mere half season.

Grecian Max

At the same age as Ben Seymour, will be interesting to see if people judge them on the same level.

"he'll come good!"

Bittners a Legend

Suspect he might be viewed as a replacement for Joel Randall if he leaves in January or next summer. Imagine we will have the option of a third year contract wise. Imagine the fee is next to nothing but the sell-on will be reasonable. A good profile of signing, especially for 1931. Nice to hear we have been watching him for a while and are very much doing our own scouting again rather than relying on recommendations alone.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was referring to a couple of posts where people said it was "a great signing" and an "exciting" signing. We hope that will be true, but there is little evidence yet to support that. I prefer to wait and see.
I have already agreed that this bloke is worth a punt.
Fair enough. I had a quick scan through this thread and couldn't see many examples of people getting excited.

Max Payne 2

I saw the video and he did look sharp. But we need to see how he performs in Div 2 and if he is consistent. Obviously the video shows just the best bits. I'd certainly rather take a chance on this bloke rather than the bloke from Newport.
We do tend to overreact when we get a new signing and think the bloke will be the best thing since sliced bread. So I'm just holding back a bit. Remember Ajose?
Way better body language than Ajose. I said at the time Ajose had - and continues to have - issues. Looks like he does a set piece too. 3-4 of this type of signing and 4 absolute quality signings on top of keeping the young starlets and I'll start to believe.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suspect he might be viewed as a replacement for Joel Randall if he leaves in January or next summer. Imagine we will have the option of a third year contract wise. Imagine the fee is next to nothing but the sell-on will be reasonable. A good profile of signing, especially for 1931. Nice to hear we have been watching him for a while and are very much doing our own scouting again rather than relying on recommendations alone.
Or a replacement for Randell Williams right now? I don't think we can afford to replace players 12 months before they might leave.