• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Josh Coley - our new No. 31

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I saw the video and he did look sharp. But we need to see how he performs in Div 2 and if he is consistent. Obviously the video shows just the best bits. I'd certainly rather take a chance on this bloke rather than the bloke from Newport.
We do tend to overreact when we get a new signing and think the bloke will be the best thing since sliced bread. So I'm just holding back a bit. Remember Ajose?
Agreed, I’m certainly not getting carried away, as he’s from Maidenhead and not Man City, but looks like he’s got potential to develop into something for us.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed, I’m certainly not getting carried away, as he’s from Maidenhead and not Man City, but looks like he’s got potential to develop into something for us.
I don't see much evidence on this thread of people getting carried away on the basis of this one signing, especially as hardly any of us will have seen him play.However, as a lot of people said, this is exactly the type of player we haven't signed enough of in the past and it's great to see us trying to sign young, exciting players from non-league - maybe, the extra cash we now have means we are no longer being outbid for these players.

Ex-ciderrr

Worth a gamble id say, yeah we’ve paid a fee but I can’t really see it being more than 5 figures tbh but being undisclosed I respect it for our clubs view, along with the player and Maidenhead. Let’s be fair 80% of transfers championship downwards are more than likely “undisclosed“ fees these days, so about us being trust run and having a right to know doesn’t really other me. Regardless weather you are or aren’t trust run your not going to know every last detail financially (don’t get me wrong, I fully understand why you would) but some football business to me quite rightly should be kept just between the 2 clubs and the player.

Look forward to seeing how he develops, fares with the step up, and where he plays too (as many have noted and seen in the clips he plays off the left) if he was the play there for us that would seriously knock Sparkes further down the pecking order behind Randall and Coley with him looking at a role further up the pitch, or perhaps out on the right? For offering a degree of versatility to his game and also us as a team? While to me he certainly isn’t a starter yet or one of Taylor’s “serious signings of a serious stature” he could well be a raw talent plucked out of non league that blossoms around better players at a higher level. Peterborough have made a habit in previous years picking up players for small fees in non league and selling on for large fees in 2/3 years time and we’ve done it ourselves with David Wheeler before too.

welcome aboard Josh, look forward to seeing you in Red and White! UTC.

tonykellowfan

At the end of the day we need good players off the bench and decent back up players, both of which we missed last season. It may be that MT intends to switch him to the right and play him where Wiliiams played in a 3 behind Bowman. Or as an option instead of Randall on the left.

Banksy

Not a Proper Chap ?
At least he’ll add a bit of bite to the midfield although not literally I hope.

Grecianman135

Hate it when they say undisclosed fee
We should know how much is being spent on a player thought we were a fans owned club
We may well have wanted to disclose the fee it was possibly Maidenhead who didn't want to reveal details.

Colesman Ballz

We may well have wanted to disclose the fee it was possibly Maidenhead who didn't want to reveal details.
And the proverbial pigs might fly ! Ever since the Trust took control, it has been policy of the Football side of the club not to release this information.

IndoMike

I don't see much evidence on this thread of people getting carried away on the basis of this one signing, especially as hardly any of us will have seen him play.However, as a lot of people said, this is exactly the type of player we haven't signed enough of in the past and it's great to see us trying to sign young, exciting players from non-league - maybe, the extra cash we now have means we are no longer being outbid for these players.
I was referring to a couple of posts where people said it was "a great signing" and an "exciting" signing. We hope that will be true, but there is little evidence yet to support that. I prefer to wait and see.
I have already agreed that this bloke is worth a punt.

simcity

Why does it matter if the fee is disclosed to the fans and/or trust or not? Who cares if we paid £100 or £100k?

It protects the club when trying to negotiate with other clubs and those that need to know do know so that's all that should matter!

Red Monster

I was referring to a couple of posts where people said it was "a great signing" and an "exciting" signing. We hope that will be true, but there is little evidence yet to support that. I prefer to wait and see.
I have already agreed that this bloke is worth a punt.
I’ve seen him a few times on BT sports scored a really
good goal in there win at Wrexham and has plenty of pace
and skill.
Looks a decent signing.